can you be too much into HALO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC PwN 3R

friends of mine always made fun of me after i went to school on halloween as, not master chief but SPARTAN-397, and i bought a magazine of halo and owned halo 3:legendary edition. is there such thing as being too much halo...furthermore, every corner i turn, i seem to talk about something in particular to games, interest or master chief/halo....
OMG!! yes i know, if you think so too, maybe i should tone it down a bit

Dude, you are on a site dedicated to halo COSTUMING AND PROP MAKING. I don't think anyone has a limit here.
And if you engoy the series, fine.
No far is too far....wtf?
Anyway, if it's fun, then go ahead, obsess. Opposers should get out your buisness.

TO the game, yes. There are a few people here in the forums that are too addicted, and make it sound like halo 3 is the best game ever, and all others plain suck. Shows that all that goes in and out of their brain is "halo, halo, halo", it's a good game/series, but there are other games and series deserved to be played.

I have a cousin who is a megaman (rockman) fan, all he plays is megaman games, no others. I play megaman games too just because I am a fan, but I dont play ONLY megaman, I play alot of series.

Hey man me im a freak of Halo I got so many stuff of Halo. But it certain that can have a limit some time.
Like I try to not speak to much of Halo when im whit my girlfriend

AoBfrost said:
I have a cousin who is a megaman (rockman) fan, all he plays is megaman games, no others. I play megaman games too just because I am a fan, but I dont play ONLY megaman, I play alot of series.
I want to make Zero Armor, that would be epic!!!
Like AoB, I play many series, I like to keep my experiences fresh, so that way I can get my own ideas for when I go into the industry myself.

Coming around in the next 3-5 years, you'll see Omega ;) My dream game.

Last edited by a moderator:
gaming addiction is quite common among rpgs and such but halo addictions have been reported. i admit myself as a gaming addict. the passion sensors that are activated when you do coke or have intercourse are alerted during extreme gaming situations. If you find yourself addicted dont fret. your not gunna die or ruin you life. but always remember you control games they dont control you

It's like me being a pepsi soda addict, I drink 10-20 cups/cans a day at work or at home, but I still have room for other sodas.

I personally would take a good ol pen n paper over any videogame anyday. give me warhammer, or D&D with a bunch of friends and that's a guaranteed at least 4-10 hours of gaming right there.

but yea like everyone says, keep it fresh. any game that tickles my fancy i'll play. If you pigeon hole yourself to one series you're missing out on a wealth of creative, inspiring experiences.

The whole point of games are to be an escapism, so why escape to the same place every time. I wouldn't just read the same book over and over for the rest of my life, and I wouldn't do the same for games :p

The only time when I can be "addicted" to a game is when it has good multiplayer that never gets old. But at the same time, I still play other games.

I time myself to what games I play during the day, so I dont cut into my life and other business.

1 hour of phoenix wright 3
2 hours of cod4 in seperate sessions
2 hours of command and conquer 3 online
1 hour on my wii

Yes, it's entirely possible to be too 'into' anything.

Unfortunately, as with anything people like, there comes a point in which they go from 'acute fan' to 'addict'. I've seen it with a lot of people, and computer games become like drugs to some. I'll admit, technology is my addiction, hence why I consider myself Borg, and I will be outfitting my armor as such.

However, there comes a point whereby the addiction becomes detrimental to everything else. Indeed, I enjoy Halo, as much as I enjoy being a Star Trek/Borg fan, but it doesn't rule my life.

That doesn't seem healthy at all, and I'm pleased to announce that if we're all here working on armor, we're actually engaging in a productive task.

So, we won't die from over-gaming.

It's ironic.

I'm not overly into any game, video or paper.

I do however have a strange attraction to helmets and armor - I really, really love them, don't ask me why.

The ironic part is - I'm on one of the best costuming sites I know and can't even afford to do it, have the time, or have the support of anyone I know including my parents.

Point being it doesn't have to be a "video game" to have an addiction - they can be physical beings or virtual or spiritual... everyone addicts in their own ways.

You can be addicted to anything,for short amounts of time its ok but when you experiance extreme worry of withdraws then you know you better seek help. (or clanwars :rolleyes )

I'm not addicted to Halo (because I have $600 and I'm not spending it on a 360 or a used Xbox), but everyone is my class thinks I am. It's just a hobby, and I like tons of other games too.

One day, I brought my pep boot into school to show to my art teacher. She may have liked it, but my classmates were like, "Why'd you bring that ugly thing!" (they had no idea what it was)

Also, I went to a Halloween party up at my school and everyone said, "Ooh! It's the guy from Hallow... Hallo... (pause) Halo 3!"

well i just found out that i truly suck at halo. literally, my friends killed me easily but i was able to catch up to a 25-24 loss in slayer. there are other super games that i play like, old skool ultimatemortal kombat 3, soul calibur 3, Gears of War, DOA4, Oblivion, NHL 08, etc. much more...maybe its because im an all around total gamefreak...even my english and geography teacher mocks me with her, "what level are you in Halo 3?" its just getting on my nerves and i think its why im so miserable, evil and lacking potential to beat anyone on halo 3. my friends say, if theres an evil version of everyone, i wouldnt have one cuz im totally evil and stupid as i am. but nonetheless, im pretty much the only one with legendary edition in my town, along with having made a SPARTAN armor, courtesy to you guys...

maybe i should take a break, being this may be an addiction...
screw that, addiction or not, i love HALO!

AoBfrost said:
You arent addicted too badly until this happens.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297059,00.html

Seems like another media attack on Video Games. I've stayed up for longer than 4 days.. was a bit cranky, but didn't die. He was in a cafe, so there was food there. If there's food available it's impossible to starve yourself. Like drowning yourself in a bathtub. Seems to me that they didn't know what he died from, and videogames are once again the scape goat.

That being said, there's no problem with being addicted. I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone not addicted to anything, so if it's Halo, be glad it's something relatively harmless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Halo is the best game ever :)

People find it funny, until they see my helmet.

(And yea, I got a lot of Halo swag. Like a bag to hold my Xbox (signed Halo 3 of course), Wireless mic, 2 Halo controller, 1 poster etc.)

Halo is the best game ever :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back