Canadian Reg. Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! I'm in Surrey (Greater Vancouver) BC!

There is an event coming up in June 12-14th 2009. It is called Anime Evolution. I will be appearing there. Also I'm waiting on details for CanWest '09. (CanWest '08 was where the Arby n' Chief MOVIE first premiered and I missed it... D:)

Toronto.

I also have a completed suit if it matters.

I am planning to do a small photoshoot with a friend in the next few weeks with it but I am not to sure it it's coming together yet.

Originally my friends and I were planning a small short film but we couldn't find any available actors who fit in the costume.

As far as I know, only Pmander and Moz got full armors.

Moz, yours is MarkV if I recall right and Pmander is a sweet flexible MarkVI.

I don't think Pmander still visit this site tho.

EDIT : Congrats, we are now 33 Canadian members!

W00t :D

Moz said:
Toronto.

I also have a completed suit if it matters.

I am planning to do a small photoshoot with a friend in the next few weeks with it but I am not to sure it it's coming together yet.

Originally my friends and I were planning a small short film but we couldn't find any available actors who fit in the costume.

Damn... so close, yet so far away. See, I went through post-secondary for acting, but just haven't been able to really get into it professionally here in Ottawa (it's all community theatre, no mainstream media). I'd be all for doing something like that, but as I don't have a car to get from here to there it kinda becomes a moot point :p lol

Just out of curiosity, how height/weight does the person have to be to properly fit in the suit?

LastSpartan said:
As far as I know, only Pmander and Moz got full armors.

Moz, yours is MarkV if I recall right and Pmander is a sweet flexible MarkVI.

I don't think Pmander still visit this site tho.

EDIT : Congrats, we are now 33 Canadian members!

W00t :D

Hopefully we can expect to see more of our fellow Canadian SPARTANs displaying completed suits of armour soon enough. I myself don't have the space or means to do anything more with my Mk VI at the moment, but am hopeful I can get back to it sooner rather than later :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was at guvernment at Halloween there was another 405th there who I spoke too in passing (couldn't hear $#!T though) He had a molding Mark 6 with the 405th emblem on the pauldrons)
He must have come late or got mistaken for some purchase armor because he didn't got up on stage. I got beaten by a giant clown, all the characters from wizard of oz and a traffic cone anyways.

If there are enough Toronto people we could see about marching in the st patty's day parade. Though I am considering selling off my suit to fund a new one for next year since there are things I want to try in another suit that I can't afford right now.

Spartan II: the suit is actually very adjustable, the big stumbling block is the head. Mark 5 suits have small helmets by design so it fits snugly and I already have a very small head. It's one of the major things preventing me from selling it I think. If I do sell it off it might be as a show piece of a mannequin.

---

If anyone has the space I would be open for doing a Toronto get together were we can pool together to work on suits and exchange methods. I think I may have some good advice for body harnesses that I applied to my suit that I could more easily share in person than online.

Moz said:
[...]

Spartan II: the suit is actually very adjustable, the big stumbling block is the head. Mark 5 suits have small helmets by design so it fits snugly and I already have a very small head. It's one of the major things preventing me from selling it I think. If I do sell it off it might be as a show piece of a mannequin.

---

If anyone has the space I would be open for doing a Toronto get together were we can pool together to work on suits and exchange methods. I think I may have some good advice for body harnesses that I applied to my suit that I could more easily share in person than online.

Ah, okay. Well, best of luck being able to hand it off to someone else so you can start on a new-and-improved version, Moz. I can only imagine the sort of revisions you'd make on your next suit. I'd definately look forward to seeing that.

I'd be up for making the trip somehow if we were able to organize such a gathering. Though I'm far from that stage in my Mk VI build, I have to admit I've been giving a good deal of thought to just how I would do the body harness/strapping, so being able to see how you've done it would be very helpful indeed.

As you'd said, that sort of thing is more easily explained in person rather than online.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well there is Red vs Blue Toronto Convention...

I plan on attending with Garzak probably. If we're four, it's a start and we could make some ad for the 405th :p

I don't have a full Mk6, but I can wear my helmet with my 405th t-shirt.

Well, that's more than I'd have to go with even. I'm still working on finishing just the helmet, lol. Haven't even gotten started on the rest of it yet :p

Just when would that RvB convention be, anyway? o_O

video game live is coming to ottawa this year ,
they dont have tell the date yet (hope to not be at same time has dragon*con )
but this can be a good event/reunion

Im already added, IM GONNA GO !!! TORONTO!! RVBTO! im sure i can finish my suit by summer time at least?
and if anyone wanna go together Email me. or PM ME :D Really like to meet up with people to go with (dont want to be the single odst, alone? i guess, GROUP UP!) **too be honest this is gonna be my first....Thingy :p to go to with my armor amost completed**

Video Game Live might be at Montreal too.

Sadly, it seems it will be at St-Denis, and to enter, it's 18+ of age.

EDIT : Actually, they are coming in Montreal and in plenty of places in Canada.

http://www.videogameslive.com/index.php?s=dates

March 13, 2009 Kitchener, ON Centre in the Square
March 14, 2009 Kitchener, ONCentre in the Square
May 11, 2009 Regina, SK, Canada Conexus Arts Centre
May 15, 2009 Calgary, AB, Canada Jack Singer Concert Hall
May 16, 2009 Calgary, AB, Canada Jack Singer Concert Hall
May 18, 2009 Edmonton, Canada Alberta Jubilee Audit.
May 20, 2009 Kelowna, BC, Canada Prospera Place
May 21, 2009 Victoria, BC, Canada Royal Theatre
May 24, 2009 Prince George, BC CN Centre
COMING SOON! Montreal, QC TBA

I just love it.
look at manitoba.
all from winnepeg! :)
apparently I hear a lot on XBOX live that ontarians arent that welcome :cautious:
i dismiss that though
A canadian is a canadian am i right
we all got big love
later all

I guess you could say im from Calgary, Alberta
but really in truth, Im living in a town 20minutes east of Calgary, called Strathmore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back