Canines in Halo Lore

Status
Not open for further replies.

heckman15s

Is there anything in the lore that could be used for reference as a possible of canine elements within the UNSC? I am working on do a build for me as well as my dog and wondered if there was any references to UNSC using canines for working dogs still. I am planning on having a completed build for me by next fall for Dragoncon and if it were possible to bring her along and do something for her as well.

In the Fall of Reach novel, during the SPARTAN-IIs training it mentions how they slipped things into the food of the dogs used on the one Marine base they were supposed to infiltrate as a training exercise in order to incapacitate the dogs.

As for having your dog at Dragon Con, or any other Convention, unless your animal is a registered service dog that you have checked in with Disability Services, I don't think you will be allowed to have it with you, especially since Dragon Con is held pretty much solely within Hotels, except for the dealers in the AmeriMart, and most hotels have a No Pets Allowed policy. If your dog is a registered service dog, you might not be allowed to be in any sort of costume as it must display its Service Dog credentials visibly and unambiguously.

In the Fall of Reach novel, during the SPARTAN-IIs training it mentions how they slipped things into the food of the dogs used on the one Marine base they were supposed to infiltrate as a training exercise in order to incapacitate the dogs.

As for having your dog at Dragon Con, or any other Convention, unless your animal is a registered service dog that you have checked in with Disability Services, I don't think you will be allowed to have it with you, especially since Dragon Con is held pretty much solely within Hotels, except for the dealers in the AmeriMart, and most hotels have a No Pets Allowed policy. If your dog is a registered service dog, you might not be allowed to be in any sort of costume as it must display its Service Dog credentials visibly and unambiguously.

I don't remember that from the Novel, may have to go re-read. I'm going to look into individual cons because the one we have in Huntsville had a pet contest, so it might depend on the Con itself.

it was in first strike where they blew up the bunk house, I know this because I was trying to answer a fight over who was the better sniper Jun or Linda... Linda won. but yeah dogs would be used like they are in the current military. if you have a hard time finding out what that would be look into call of duty ghost.

it was in first strike where they blew up the bunk house, I know this because I was trying to answer a fight over who was the better sniper Jun or Linda... Linda won. but yeah dogs would be used like they are in the current military. if you have a hard time finding out what that would be look into call of duty ghost.
That is similar to my thought process with most of what he is wearing is old school working dog dear, some of that has become outdated. There are newer more advanced systems and accessories being tested and outfitted right now. I would expect with evolving polymers actual armor and more integrated AV and control would be visible as well as better protection. Example being the new helmet system from K9 Helm which intergrates current cameras as well as a new system being developed by JSOC for their canines.

37027459_829064803958599_130232616824602624_n.jpg

This is an example of the forementioned helmet, I plan on getting a couple for my PDC and SAR dogs.

dog meat you've been replaced lol

I think dog meat would be well replaced long before that. LEOs and militaries are going away from GSDs to favor Malinois and Dutch Shepherds due to multiple factors. In space their size is far more advantageous as a male is only in the 50-70 lbs range making them ideal for moving about in smaller spaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back