captain crunch saved my helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjoiner

so my helmet was a little warped, so i used some cardboard to realign and also to give more support in areas that needed to be smoothed out.

here are some pics of my better helm

i should make a redbull helmet using the boxes you get from buying a 4 pack, that would be expensive tho

Tony the tiger is currently in depression because of not being used in a MC helmet.

Nice helmet btw. Add the visor too or else it will warp later

i just finished adding more c-board around the helm. AoB, i know i need to add the visor but that brace i added is in the way. i am thinking about adding more braces in the inside to make up for the visor. my goal now is to use the pep as a skeleton, use the cardboard as the muscle and then add pmache and bondo as the skin.

bjoiner said:
i just finished adding more c-board around the helm. AoB, i know i need to add the visor but that brace i added is in the way. i am thinking about adding more braces in the inside to make up for the visor. my goal now is to use the pep as a skeleton, use the cardboard as the muscle and then add pmache and bondo as the skin.
Good idea, but keep the Capt'n Crunch box in!

Last edited by a moderator:
alright, so new delema....

i gave in and bought some fiberglass and resin, im going all out on this helmet, but will i get the same hardening effect since i have placed cardboard over my helm or should i was and use the resin for a new helmet without cardboard. i know i could try but i wanted advice before i wasted my resin on a helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back