Car Body Kits With Pepakura?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slimguy379

Jr Member
with this being pepakuras fan site i figure this is best asked here, but is there a way, in the sameway armor is done that we can design, make and fiberglass body kits? i mean just build it witha 3d designer, print, cut, glue, fiberglass. most body kits are fiberglass, is this possible?

Technically, it's possible, but I think pep designer has a size limit for things, and that limit is a lot smaller than a car... you can try.

Bloodl3tt3r said:
Technically, it's possible, but I think pep designer has a size limit for things, and that limit is a lot smaller than a car... you can try.

Oh, that limit can be omitted - you always can print pepakura patterns to some virtual printer, than scale the result, then print it again :)

Oh, and now I'm absolutely secretly develop some pep skeleton for Lambo Countach :) Lol

3733683189_b29d55d419.jpg

(Full image)

Last edited by a moderator:
From experience, cardboard is the way to go if you want to make your own body kit.

For the sides:

Double sided tape a base to the car and get your overall shape.

Add pieces to that until you have it the way you like it.

Remove all of that and seperate the pieces, making sure you labeled them.

Make mirror copies of those pieces.

Reassemble both sides and glass 'em up.

You could try pepping a kit, but you would have to have an exact 3d model of the car. It would be a PITA. My 27 cents. :D

H i there ppls AIEX CHIEF here , yeh i had a similar thing to the lamborghini countach but i was seriously considering make a lamborghini murchialargo replcia shell onto a toyota mr2 if you google it theres tonnes of people doin it and trust they can pull it off to but being a copyright infringment i dont think i would do it :pbut i hope u can a FULL SIZED WARTHOG that would be awesome for the guy making the real thing

good luck though

GiR3892 said:
H i there ppls AIEX CHIEF here , yeh i had a similar thing to the lamborghini countach but i was seriously considering make a lamborghini murchialargo replcia shell onto a toyota mr2 if you google it theres tonnes of people doin it and trust they can pull it off to but being a copyright infringment i dont think i would do it :pbut i hope u can a FULL SIZED WARTHOG that would be awesome for the guy making the real thing

good luck though

What I heard if I heard right, the looks of a car is kept copyrighted for I think only 15 years, then people can use it, That's why there are so many fakes that get away with being fakes. But May want to look it up.

Grim_Killer said:
What I heard if I heard right, the looks of a car is kept copyrighted for I think only 15 years, then people can use it, That's why there are so many fakes that get away with being fakes. But May want to look it up.

Yeah, here in China, 15 years is more like "15 hours, the time it takes to build a copy that works with Chinese labor and a few pictures..."

Seriously, there's so many ripoff cars here. Lol. Too bad they're all massively more expensive than the actual cars...

So anyways, bevbor, I did consider that but rejected it on the grounds that finding a printer that can print the pattern for a car hood/etc requires resources that most people (who aren't you, god knows what you've got up your sleeves :p) don't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back