CARD BOARD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slayer

so me and my friends are making master chief armor out of cardboard, and we are worried that the armor is going to be to flimsy and unstable. any suggestions on how to make it in a way that the cardboard wont cave in if i run into anything or fall down. the only way ive heard of is to use that fiber glass paper stuff, but that is to expensive for our bugget.

Nothing will make it sturdy for free, the only way is to use muslin cloth or use resin, if you wanna be cheap, then use 1 can of resin and lightly coat everything, it will add some sturdiness to your armor, but the best seems to be using coadstock, sturdy, light, and small, without atleast 50 dollars, you cant make very good sturdy armor, unless you try paper mache, it will give some sturdiness too, but is messy, then you gotta sand it to smooth it out....I'd just use resin and fiberglass, or else make the armor, paint it, then hope you dont brake it.

table cloth to work on- $1.13 at dollar shop
fiberglass (8'x8') $7 at Home Depot
Brush- $1.13 each at dollar shop
Resin- around $27 at Home Depot.

it's worth fiberglassing.

cys920622 said:

you for got the best part, it should be

cardstock 150 sheets- 5$ at walmart
making good armor.... priceless

lol, any way.. thats really the best cheep armor there is.... so rummage up 50$ each of you and you can make the armor in a week if u try hard

Last edited by a moderator:
It may be possible to make this out of thin wood, I have seen very think wood peices which could be used to make armor, all you would need to do is print out the patterns on paper, glue to the wood, cut out.....alot harder, but wood would easily be resined and fiberglassed....although this may be the most stupid and expensive way

(lol i said wood would, ryhmes....)

Kudos for recognizing what you can and can't afford - this forum is awash with folks who haven't done the research and have no idea of what full-blown pep armor really costs. If you're making it out of cardboard, I'd definitely take a peek at TastyBread's cardboard armor version - his thread on the hlfallout.net site is here. Very informative, and his end product is really impressive.

spartan 114 said:
Hey man remember i have 200$ to spend man,we can make some sick armor
Can? Or did? Because what you think you can do and the reality are often entirely different...

This is sick armor:
[attachment=634:45448292...82514_1_.jpg]

Most of us are just fumbling around in the dark with a match.

All I'm saying is don't overestimate what you can do with $200 on a pep project. I blew that at Lowe's today getting supplies.

Last edited by a moderator:
That armor looks good, the only thing I hate about some armor is the super glossy and shiny paintjob, It looks fine as if masterchief just a new suit, but i prefer a worn scratched up dull paintjob, dirty peices, and ruined parts, scratched on edges.

Other than that, the armor looks good, good painting (I liked the outlines and detail, but not the glossiness) and folds look good, this gives me more hope on my project.

lol anthony (yes its gene -.-) watr u guys gonna do in it...run around tackling each other...o ya btw if people seen my post that i finished the biceps and arms, ill post pics up soon...srry for tha inconvenience

Heres my opinion on armor projects.

The best is always plastic molded armor.

Second best (sometimes just as good as plastic) is pepakura

third is cardboard, cardboard isnt as plyable as cardstock or plastic, so it gives a rougher shape of the actual product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back