Cardboard Armor Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

swatdojo

If you're planning to build cardboard armor (or in this case a helmet) try to build on something that's already in the semi shape of what you want it to look like.

before i found these forums about a week ago i was already beginning to make my armor out of cardboard.

for the helmet i ended up removing the front goggles off my paintball mask and built my cardboard helmet out of that.

and considering i didnt really know how exactly to make the helmet look, i think it came out pretty well.

cardboard004.jpg

cardboard002.jpg

cardboard003.jpg

I had gotten all the way around and was working on building the front part when i found the forums and decided to go with pepakura and fiberglass instead.

here's a pic with the cardboard one compared with the pepakura helmet i'm making now

cardboard005.jpg

cardboard007.jpg

its not exact but the paintball mask allowed me to have a relatively good idea on how to make the helmet fit my head

so look around and try and find pieces that you can build on.

like find an old backpack you dont need where you can cut out the pack part, leaving the padded back part and the straps to build on.

and for those building their suits for halloween like me, good luck!

swatdojo

swatdojo said:
If you're planning to build cardboard armor (or in this case a helmet) try to build on something that's already in the semi shape of what you want it to look like.

before i found these forums about a week ago i was already beginning to make my armor out of cardboard.

for the helmet i ended up removing the front goggles off my paintball mask and built my cardboard helmet out of that.

and considering i didnt really know how exactly to make the helmet look, i think it came out pretty well.

cardboard004.jpg

cardboard002.jpg

cardboard003.jpg

I had gotten all the way around and was working on building the front part when i found the forums and decided to go with pepakura and fiberglass instead.

here's a pic with the cardboard one compared with the pepakura helmet i'm making now

cardboard005.jpg

cardboard007.jpg

its not exact but the paintball mask allowed me to have a relatively good idea on how to make the helmet fit my head
so look around and try and find pieces that you can build on.

like find an old backpack you dont need where you can cut out the pack part, leaving the padded back part and the straps to build on.
and for those building their suits for halloween like me, good luck!

swatdojo

good ideal i was going to do the same with my xgames helmet but its deck out for bb gun wars but il think of buy a helmet then make mine around it thx

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back