Cardboard Assault Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I was just wondering is all even if it is cardboard it still isn't as strong. I think I'm going to jam a piece of wood/metal into the stock for a bit of realistic weight and reinforcement.

@ HaloFreakX,
Actually, it feels realistic in weight with just the cardboard, even more with a barrel and Rondo on it. So, depending on what kind a cardboard you use (Thin, Thick), I would say that it would feel realistic.

Thanks everybody for the comments on the AR, but if you have the time to do this (I didn't have much time, plus I didn't have an X-acto knife, so scissors don't help with the fingers), I highly recommend it.

Sorry guys, had to run to town yesterday, so I couldn't do any work, I might get out there today.

Nice work on the AR!

I have made some progress on mine but have been busy lately. I want to get a bit more done before I update mine again. I plan on starting back on it whenever the red wings aren't playing :) possibly tomorrow.

[attachment=9558:090531_142139.jpg][attachment=9559:090531_142139.jpg]been having a go at this one my self its a bit hard to do in places but realy nice when done

Wow that came out a lot better then i thought it would lol. I guess i was just thinking about all of the other people ive seen around the internet making terrible cardboard models :p Great work with this one :D

Sorry for the bump, but I have pics of my bondoed the AR:

th_P6060770.jpg
th_P6060771.jpg
th_P6060772.jpg
th_P6060773.jpg
th_P6060774.jpg

Just click to get a little bigger images.

Good News: I'll have bigger pics later...
Bad News: ... In the Classifieds... I can't really afford to make Halo Armor at this time, so I'm selling my AR.
Other Bad News: I won't be the one who finishes it.
Other Good News: You will :D And it's gonna be cheap.

I haven't spent as much time on this as I would have liked, but I have made some progress.

img0161a.jpg

img0160k.jpg

img0156cjp.jpg

img0155z.jpg

img0158t.jpg

img0157o.jpg

There have been a few parts that have some imperfections, but it should work out in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back