Centurion Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Details indeed. Its funny how just adding a couple things here and there can change and improve the way a prop looks.
I just love seeing how you suit evolving.

Yeah.....the problem is I have 3 working days left to finish everything......deadlines.....deadlines.......the pressure.......

Helmet is looking fantastic! Love the helmet liner idea.

Dirt! buddy. Your helmet is totally on point man. You can finish it in time man. Have faith! can't wait to hold this bad boy one day.

Pic Dump!!!!!

Holy snot........aside from the fan, I think I'm done.

IMG_0574.JPG
IMG_0575.JPG
IMG_0576.JPG
IMG_0578.JPG

And just for fun.....I'm actually scowling here:

IMG_0579.JPG
Can you see the scowl?

I especially like the crown piece.....the inserts came out better than I could have hoped for. I'm missing some dots by the moth piece which I just noticed and will just paint them in later. The visor is a piece of 1/8" plexi-glass which I hit w/ a heat gun to get the correct shape. I had a bit of difficulty putting the gold tint on the visor as its a sticker back and its on the inside of the helmet not the outside. If I did it would have been silver. Regardless, I have a few crinkles that I couldn't get out but overall it came out great!!! I tried to put the tint on first then use the heat gun but the film just melted off. Good thing I have a ton left. Attached it in place w/ some hot glue and done!

I did more detail pieces on the back of the helmet.....but I was just so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer.. so no pic..sorry..this was at like 2 am...after a full day of work, so brain wasn't working at 100%.......HA, as if it ever is :confused::confused::confused:. Now it's just a bit of strapping for the shoulders and knees to keep them in place, and the fan (because w/ the visor in it got dam hot really quick) , and I'm done!!!!!! I have a week to the Con and 2 working days left.......I'm gona make it after all.......Yay!!!!

Pic Dump!!!!!

Holy snot........aside from the fan, I think I'm done.

View attachment 249976 View attachment 249977 View attachment 249978 View attachment 249979

And just for fun.....I'm actually scowling here:

View attachment 249980 Can you see the scowl?

I especially like the crown piece.....the inserts came out better than I could have hoped for. I'm missing some dots by the moth piece which I just noticed and will just paint them in later. The visor is a piece of 1/8" plexi-glass which I hit w/ a heat gun to get the correct shape. I had a bit of difficulty putting the gold tint on the visor as its a sticker back and its on the inside of the helmet not the outside. If I did it would have been silver. Regardless, I have a few crinkles that I couldn't get out but overall it came out great!!! I tried to put the tint on first then use the heat gun but the film just melted off. Good thing I have a ton left. Attached it in place w/ some hot glue and done!

I did more detail pieces on the back of the helmet.....but I was just so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer.. so no pic..sorry..this was at like 2 am...after a full day of work, so brain wasn't working at 100%.......HA, as if it ever is :confused::confused::confused:. Now it's just a bit of strapping for the shoulders and knees to keep them in place, and the fan (because w/ the visor in it got dam hot really quick) , and I'm done!!!!!! I have a week to the Con and 2 working days left.......I'm gona make it after all.......Yay!!!!
Looks beautiful, man! It could use a little bit of weathering and blackwashing to bring out the depth of your details, but it looks great! The final days of Fred's construction are near! HOORAH! Your details really make the helmet look snazzy, and the paint makes it look even better.

And I can totally tell that you're scowling. The positioning of the head...the angling of the chin approximately 15 degrees downward...perfecto!;) A picture worthy of some sort of reward.:p

Keep it up, DD! Your determination has been great, do what you do best: completely random and hilarious jokes that only you would understand! But we laugh anyway!!!

Haha, JK. We get your jokes. Usually.:D

weathering it can come later....I just had to finish it. I was not, NOT!!! going to another con w/o a helmet. I want to be able to put my bucket on the floor w/ everyone else's and say "Yeah.....that's mine." And I'm not 100% sure but I think I'm one of the few Colonials that have a Centurion suit....if any at all even. And on top of that....not to many overall in comparison to the MCs, ODSTs, Nobel 6s out there, just to name a few. I could be making it up though just to make me feel singularly important....mawrTRON excluded......he is in a league all his own.

Yep the helmet just really pulls it all together. I just realized.....I forgot to put my call-sign and serial # on the collar. A little vinyl lettering courtesy of my friend in the VD at work:
IMG_0566.JPG

And I also have to again thank PerniciousDuke, with his help on my helmet. W/O it......I'd probably be on attempt #15!!:eek::eek:

Last edited:
AHHHHHHH!!!! That looks SO good!! I love the foam details you added. I put bolts through those pieces so you could make them attachable, but I had a feeling you would make them out of foam anyway and the extra ones you made just made it that much better.

I can totally tell that you are scowling. :mad:

I'm so relieved that the proportions of everything look right on. It looks like you can even turn your head a couple inches. Hahah. Really though, I don't need any credit, you made it your own. I'm just glad that I was able to help you keep going. Even still, I know you would have finished it, 15th attempt or 16th. :p

So many great things on your suit. I'm really impressed.

Last edited:
Way to go Dirtdives! The armor looked great at sci-fi to begin with and now the helmet sells it!. warning Krissy will point out the bare neck showing. She did it to me as well. Way to go Spartan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back