CG Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you mean doing illustrations, Photoshop is the best app. Painter is ok, not my favorite, but that's just me.

Best to say concept illustrations and not CG, a lot of us think of computer animation not illustration when we see those 2 letters together.

Paint is fun for dooddling, but serious work, get photoshop cs3, maybe it cost like 400-800 dollars, but it was worth my paycheck.

Paint.NET

This is a free, open source photo editing software, similar to Photoshop. Its completely free, and the best part is that there are tools, built by users, to do almost everything that Photoshop can do for a casual user. Of course for professionals, Photoshop is the best alternative in my opinion, but for free, nothing beats, and I mean NOTHING beats Paint.NET

Except maybe Gimp, it has nearly the same features as photoshop and could be used by professionals.

Then again, I have never used paint.net so I cant say if it can compete with gimp or not.

Paint.Net and the Gimp are both great, Gimp can't do vector graphics though and I'm not sure about Paint.Net.
As for Photoshop: <3 photoshop, </3 price :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back