What Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jagex117

Jr Member
So I have 2 laptops, I need to transfere a file(6GB) to the new one. I don't have a portable hard drive. I have a USB line. I know there is a way to transfere file using USB but they need a software. I want to know where I can get the software.

its just networking. plug them in and search in my computer for new networks. you should find the other computer listed. at least thats how my buddy showed me. no program should be needed. unless you have a mac. then your screwed

laptop and pc or laptop and mac... if they are both pc's go and setup a network in the control panel and make sure the settings are close to the same.. heres the walk through...

windows xp... start control panel network wisard... or setup a home network and go through the steps the main network would be mshome or workgroup but you can change this then setup your computer name and done...

vista or windows 7... go to controll panel... click on the network and internet icon... connect to a network or change homegroup and then done.. stick the files you want in your shared folders and tada your shareing through your hub or router.

Um. I have a mac. I can transfer stuff all day long, via wireless, wired, whether that be Ethernet, Firewire, USB w/e. Takes no time to connect. Click finder, and look on the lefthand side for what computer to connect to. Double click it, and drag and drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back