Chaos Knight (worbla)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Words fail me.
Love the black and gold, I do hope your going for exactly the same
:thumbsup

I am afraid he will be red and gold. The original is actually a dark purple/blue and gold the colours of Tzeentch. My guy will be making his way to a follower of Khorne so thats why red and gold. Its only cause I want 2 big ass axes and Khorne favour duel wielded axes :)

What an incredible level of detail you've managed! This is such an ambitious project and you're really doing it justice, it's so exciting to watch a unique project of this caliber being brought to life.

When I've seen others manipulate worbla in a similar fashion it seems to be rather delicate and prone to tearing when being worked into small details, but you appear to have no such mishaps (or you hide them masterfully haha). Is there a trick to that, or just experience and talent?

That sounds even more bad ass. I cannot wait to see more!

Me too! :p

What an incredible level of detail you've managed! This is such an ambitious project and you're really doing it justice, it's so exciting to watch a unique project of this caliber being brought to life.

When I've seen others manipulate worbla in a similar fashion it seems to be rather delicate and prone to tearing when being worked into small details, but you appear to have no such mishaps (or you hide them masterfully haha). Is there a trick to that, or just experience and talent?

Thank you very much man. Not entirely sure what you mean by others builds looking like they would tear but for me one layer flex's a bit but is strong. If you make a wormy from worbla 6mm thick its strong as hell. Layer 4-6 sheets and a hammer blow might hurt it but doubt it. The stuff is awesome. Its easy to use if your patient with it. Its like a clay that dries out but if you want you can turn it back in to soft clay again with a blast from the heat gun :)

Thank you very much man. Not entirely sure what you mean by others builds looking like they would tear but for me one layer flex's a bit but is strong. If you make a wormy from worbla 6mm thick its strong as hell. Layer 4-6 sheets and a hammer blow might hurt it but doubt it. The stuff is awesome. Its easy to use if your patient with it. Its like a clay that dries out but if you want you can turn it back in to soft clay again with a blast from the heat gun :)

np np, thanks for getting back so fast too. That's helpful advice about the worbla, it does seem like it's resilient when cool. My question wasn't clear haha, I meant after said blast from heat gun, or even repeated blasts to make fixes, does it lose integrity the more one heats it and plays with it? I'm curious because I'd really like to try some but I'd want to stretch/press/twist it while hot and want to know if it's apparent strength is still present in it's malleable state. Thanks in advance!

And since it cannot be said enough, phenomenal work :thumbsup haha

np np, thanks for getting back so fast too. That's helpful advice about the worbla, it does seem like it's resilient when cool. My question wasn't clear haha, I meant after said blast from heat gun, or even repeated blasts to make fixes, does it lose integrity the more one heats it and plays with it? I'm curious because I'd really like to try some but I'd want to stretch/press/twist it while hot and want to know if it's apparent strength is still present in it's malleable state. Thanks in advance!

And since it cannot be said enough, phenomenal work :thumbsup haha

Ah I see. No you can heat it and heat over and over and it stays the same once cooled.
And thank you for the kind comment I am glad you like my work and are inspired from it :)

Hey guys and gals. Sorry it's been a while but you know life and all that. I have added some detailing to the horns and started the dragon heads on the shoulders. I have some photos I need to upload of a step by step on how I made them.

_DSC7388_zpsvcw16dbl.jpg

Attachments

• _DSC7388_zpsvcw16dbl.jpg
    _DSC7388_zpsvcw16dbl.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 200
man every time i stop getting on the forums i come back to see this kinda stuff.... lol Thank you so much for posting how you did the shoulders! It is great help. Did you do the same with the chest piece as well??
Keep up the great work buddy

man every time i stop getting on the forums i come back to see this kinda stuff.... lol Thank you so much for posting how you did the shoulders! It is great help. Did you do the same with the chest piece as well??
Keep up the great work buddy

Hey man so good to see you're still here :)

I did the chest a bit differently. I used expanding foam and carved it into shape and added the details. I used clay this time because you get a better base shape than the foam.

Hopefully I will have another update soon :)

Hey man so good to see you're still here :)

I did the chest a bit differently. I used expanding foam and carved it into shape and added the details. I used clay this time because you get a better base shape than the foam.

Hopefully I will have another update soon :)

ah gotcha, well awesome! :) and of course im still here. i lurk mostly but im still here lol. Looking forward to seeing more :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back