Chazodudes Armour Update 23/12/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chazodude

Ok. i have been on the forums for about 6 months or so now and i thought i would post my progress on my armour. i started this project awhile back though so none of these are hd.

i have one pic at the mo but i have to censore it because of my age.
i am trying to prove that "kids" can produce a reasonable quality prop.
anyway, here is my one and only pic:

please comment. i welcome constructive comments!

also thank you to robogenisis + flying_squirel for there models that i will be using soon.
[attachment=2379:me_armour_black.jpg]

Update:
i have finished the handplate, i will use the pep mold method where you use pep as a mold to make a solid resin piece!
pic:
[attachment=2381:photo_27.jpg]

Update 2:
i have started a mold of the legendary helmet to be a temporary helmet for usage at xmas.
pics:
[attachment=2386:SP_A0105.jpg] [attachment=2387:SP_A0104.jpg]

one tip tho, LOTS of people do this, make sure you wear that chest piece right, it slides back alot, basically the back of the suit should come all the way to the back of your neck

yeah, i took that pic a while back. the vent things sshould be up and visible shouldnt they.

oh and might be using your helm if my secret one goes wrong. :)

Kids can produce a good quality prop.

I'm working on a high detail MAC5 in pep, but I need to start closing faces.

All the power to ya man!

Chazodude said:
Ok. i have been on the forums for about 6 months or so now and i thought i would post my progress on my armour. i started this project awhile back though so none of these are hd.

please comment but dont be to harsh. i welcome constructive comments!

also thank you to robogenisis + flying_squirel for there models that i will be using soon.
I'm working on my armor, I plan on making every varient, and I'm a kid too, just a little 13 year-old.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks really good, but I'd be careful about getting too ambitions...try to focus on getting your first armor done before you focus on getting the other variants :p

@ innerrayg i am not sure i am going to make other variants, my friends all want molds of the final thing and i dont want to have to be making eighteen different molds.

thanks for all the support guys, i just thought damasterchief (or whatever his name is) was being treated a bit to nastlily!
i dont mind criticism though so keep it coming.
what can i improve on etc..

thanks again for the comments, :D
chazodude

Chazodude said:
Update:
i have finished the handplate, i will use the pep mold method where you use pep as a mold to make a solid resin piece!
pic:
Forgive me if I'm wrong but in that picture, it looks like the back portion is crooked. :unsure:

yeah it does doesnt it. i think i stuck it abit badly so i have now fixed it.
it was scaled down to a ridiculous size for my hands!

Chazodude said:
yeah it does doesnt it. i think i stuck it abit badly so i have now fixed it.
it was scaled down to a ridiculous size for my hands!
The hand plates were different, I even scaled below my acual height by 1/2 an inch and it was still to big! And I have large hands for my size too.

i am now starting to do the right side with mod rock for my mother mold.
if any of you were interested i used rebound 25 from smooth-on. (bentley chemicals for the uk! they sell smooth-on's stuff!)

Chazodude said:

please comment. i welcome constructive comments!

[attachment=2379:me_armour_black.jpg]

Update:
pic:

Update 2:
i have started a mold of the legendary helmet to be a temporary helmet for usage at xmas.
pics:
[attachment=2386:SP_A0105.jpg] [attachment=2387:SP_A0104.jpg]

Lookin' good so far,
But on that hand plate i suggest maybe doing some shaping/bondoing before going strait to resin molding, i could be wrong but in the picture it looks like some parts aren't equal and crooked, but other wise it all looks fantastic.

thanks, earlier on the hand plate was mentioned and i think it was just perspective, it looks better in real life!

thanks again for the coments!

ok, i demolded the helmet and have succesfully made my first mold!!!!
:D :D :D :D :lol: :tutu:

pics:
[attachment=2581:photo_45.jpg]

i will hopefully have a mold done nxt weekend as my dad insists on doing it with me.

doesn't just making a mold out of the legendary helmet count as recasting? if it doesn't then good job so far and good luck carrying on.

i suppose it is recasting... it is only a temporary measure until later this year when i can make a proper pep one.
sorry about the pic.
i will try again when i can borrow the camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back