Cheap spot for resin

dacacheman

Jr Member
Depending what area of the country you live in, you may have stores called Autozone or Advance Auto Parts. I usually pay about 13 bucks for a quart of resin at walmart, but at AD/AZ its about 10, and they have a huge size (i think its a gal) for 30. might be worth checking out if you have such stores in your area.

Zaso117

dacacheman said:
Depending what area of the country you live in, you may have stores called Autozone or Advance Auto Parts. I usually pay about 13 bucks for a quart of resin at walmart, but at AD/AZ its about 10, and they have a huge size (i think its a gal) for 30. might be worth checking out if you have such stores in your area.
good info to know. thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bull3t

Jr Member
dacacheman said:
At the walmart here a quart is only 11$. I know this because I just went out and bought one.

cgspartan

Bull3t said:
At the walmart here a quart is only 11$. I know this because I just went out and bought one.
Yea, same price at the walmart here.
That still makes his gallon from autozone cheaper though. because a gallon's worth from walmart would be $44.

Does Autozone sell epoxy resins, or just polyester?

Deathwasp

Jr Member
We don't have either of those places here in Canada, and WalMart is around 15 bucks a litre. Going to try Princess Auto once i can pester my dad for a ride. <.<

pacbury

uhh, here in england i bought 500ml for £15 thats about 30 dollars :( o well im going to Boston in April, what do you thing customs will say if i come back with a suitcase full of bondo

Epyon

Jr Member
pacbury said:
uhh, here in england i bought 500ml for £15 thats about 30 dollars :( o well im going to Boston in April, what do you thing customs will say if i come back with a suitcase full of bondo

Good grief! I feel sorry for you guys at those prices....

As for customs, I'd think they'd have a laugh :D Seriously though, I'd check into it....It sounds like it'd be totally worth it for you to try...

~Epyon

Deathwasp

Jr Member
Epyon said:
Good grief! I feel sorry for you guys at those prices....

As for customs, I'd think they'd have a laugh :D Seriously though, I'd check into it....It sounds like it'd be totally worth it for you to try...

~Epyon
I doubt they'll let you through, though.
Hot chemicals that tend to dissolve skin, wreck eyesight, and cause severe lung problems in a completely internally ventilated cylinder? Does that seem wise to you?