Chest Piece Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonic Crim

Hey all,

Been quite a while since I've been on the forums, but I'm back and have a few things on the drawing board to build. First up and the point of this thread is a Mjolnir Chest/Back piece. Since I'm not into wearing armor, I've begun to think about all of the cool little gadgets I could include inside of the armor.

This is where you guys come in. So far, I will be using this as the general idea for the 'Gel Layer' system to the suit. Right now, I'm thinking of locating it inside the jutting out shoulder piece on the back of the armor. But I want more than that. So, what do you guys recommend that I incorporate? Any suggestions are welcome, just try to keep it relevant to what was presented in the Halo books and games :) .

FYI: I'll be making it out of Pep, then reinforcing it with fiberglass.

the hair gel LED thing looks pretty cool. the blue one could make the hydrostatic gel layer look cool, but how would you mount it in the armor to make it visible? the only thing i could see is if you're doing battle damaged armor, in which case you could maybe embed some thin surgical tubing into the chest or back and have the thing on. or if you're really creative, make some kind of flat transparent pouch and stick that in a small area so you've got this river of hydro gel showing thru.

other ideas for the chest/back would be to put speakers in the shoulder parts as many on the board have suggested. I can't think of too many other things to do with it. try the seach function on the board.

i dont Quite understand this thread, you just going to be modding your chest piece to make it as "gadtety" as possible?

i cant thing what you would do to be honest... chest is retty simple

and you know, the "gel layer" is the undersuit right?

not sure if you were addressing me or the OP, Zen but yes i realize that. i was trying to think what he could do with that mod and Kensai's Scar the Just helmet lept to mind, and i pictured like a couple of tangled tubes or a packet of the stuff being visible from inside the chest piece thru a gash or small hole in the armor. one could imagine it as a small blast punching a hole in the back or chest down into the under armor and that glowing blue stuff is the hydrostatic gel being exposed.

just my imagination running wild though...

Jason 'Biff' H said:
not sure if you were addressing me or the OP, Zen but yes i realize that. i was trying to think what he could do with that mod and Kensai's Scar the Just helmet lept to mind, and i pictured like a couple of tangled tubes or a packet of the stuff being visible from inside the chest piece thru a gash or small hole in the armor. one could imagine it as a small blast punching a hole in the back or chest down into the under armor and that glowing blue stuff is the hydrostatic gel being exposed.
just my imagination running wild though...

no, it was aimed at the first poster, i mean, i dont understand, is he just trying to make his armour different to a normal one?

Last edited by a moderator:
i think what Demonic is asking for is ideas for modifications to the chest and back piece of the suit. He said in his post he's not too interested in wearing it and i'm guessing mainly wants a display model. So since he's not wearing it there is extra room then to fill the suit with different mods and such.

thats what i gathered...

Yup, sorry for the vague description. Jason got it. I'm aware that the hydrostatic gel is an under suit- but I was thinking of using the Hair Gel thing as part of the operating system for the layer.
39866189-Full.jpg
Just a quick image I photoshopped to help me describe what I'm talking about, but I would put it in there, and have a flap which opens up the respective piece of armor to reveal it the gel.

Hope that helps clear up what I'm trying to do. I'm just looking for ideas on what people would do to their armor if they had more space and didn't have to wear it. And that battle damage tube idea is great, Jason!

any time man.

I like the idea you had for being able to open part of the armor and being able to see that. looking at it, it seems you would still be bale to wear the armor with that in there. there should be a bit of space in the shoulders for the syringe tube and led, then you can run the wiring into the back piece where theres a bit of room for the batter.

heres another idea. make the armor so th pack piece can be opened and you could put in a mini fusion reactor using the red hair gel and red LED. if you want to get real creative, you can even hook the LED(s) up to a board and have them oscillate and have a 'breathing light' effect.

*Starts to write all of these ideas down* That sounds great, too. I think I have a piece of a laser tag set that would work perfectly for that.

I saw a Stormtrooper chest plate a while ago, and someone had cut out a rough section, airbrushed the surrounding area to look like blaster fire, and out a circuit board behind it to make it look all technological and whatnot.

I figured this could be applied to one of the "pecks" of the chest section.

I shooped up a rough idea of what I am talking about.

Think I might have some old boards around somewhere that would fit the bill (or be cut down to work). Might be an idea to follow through on. I'd definitely add the speakers and the gel layer. The tubing sounds good also.

hmmmmmmm...... the tubes.... they give me another idea... is there anything these tubes can't solve?

instead of having one isolated section of tubing with hairgel and the LED, you could perhaps space out intervals of LED's and run the tubing throughout the entire undersuit.

and getting even more outlandish here, experiment with water to hairgel ratios so you have someing that can flow thru the tubes and also maintain the gel appearance. run the LED's thru this, and hook the ends up to a motor to make one of those cooling shirts.. except instead of being a regular water pumping cooling shirt, it shall be pimped out.

i gotta get away from this computer.. i keep thinking up these crazy ideas....

Jason 'Biff' H said:
hmmmmmmm...... the tubes.... they give me another idea... is there anything these tubes can't solve?

instead of having one isolated section of tubing with hairgel and the LED, you could perhaps space out intervals of LED's and run the tubing throughout the entire undersuit.

and getting even more outlandish here, experiment with water to hairgel ratios so you have someing that can flow thru the tubes and also maintain the gel appearance. run the LED's thru this, and hook the ends up to a motor to make one of those cooling shirts.. except instead of being a regular water pumping cooling shirt, it shall be pimped out.

i gotta get away from this computer.. i keep thinking up these crazy ideas....
Lol, you suffer from the same creativity problem as I do. When I get started, I can't stop thinking. I've tried the whole hair gel mixed with water idea, but the density of the two substances separates them. Even if we did get it right, the new viscosity would probably let the bubbles escape. Good idea, though. I could just forgo the bubbles and put some Listerine in the tubes or something.

It looks very promising!
But, what if you use a tiny container with a hole in it?
Like these :
gaGBASP-GameCase.JPG

Stick hair gel, Put in Light, turn on, tiny light for those little lights in your armor!
These lights :
PP.jpg

If you just want a display piece, you could make the chest like a cutaway thing.

First layer would be the outer armor, second would be some random circuitry, third would be the gel layer (not sure how that can be accomplished), and finally, the last could be the undersuit.

Just a quick thought here, but you could make the chest piece like the Iron Man movie armor. Where everything is kind of slightly opened up so you could see all the workings inside which could then incorporate all the previous ideas.

Hard to explain, but say each pec section and any other piece you could think of as being separate acually snapped into place... in theory.

Gives you a BIG creative canvas this way.

Justanuthercap said:
Just a quick thought here, but you could make the chest piece like the Iron Man movie armor. Where everything is kind of slightly opened up so you could see all the workings inside which could then incorporate all the previous ideas.

Hard to explain, but say each pec section and any other piece you could think of as being separate acually snapped into place... in theory.

Gives you a BIG creative canvas this way.
Hmmm... that sounds interesting. I'll start thing about how I could do that. Thanks.

Im deffinatly goinig to do the *bullet hole/grenade damage* on my chest piece and have some non-working sercuitry(sp?) showing through... I might put some plexi glass over it tho to protect from real damage

Ok. Honestly. Why waste your time. You said yourself your nor into wearing armor. Why make it all "Gadgety" if your not going to appreciate it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back