Chevysrule's 3D Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Urkle.... Your Jun helm just put all of my work to shame lol. ;) Very nice builds! I'm quite jealous of your skills in modeling it. Keep up the good work!

Cheers!

Boba Fett said:
Don't worry, I feel your pain... LAtin, Algebra 2, and Chemistry has me... Well, Just suffice to say I'm losing my mind. Armor is the only thing keeping me sane...

I have the same stuff you do, but it's Greek and Latin roots for English. The language I am taking is German, but I wish I had Latin at my school. Next year will be really tough for me, what with chemistry, physics, calculus, English, and all of those are AP classes, so there is more work than the regular ones, but the other classes will be easy ones probably.

Purrie said:
For Emile, couldn't you just use an EVA Base, and then add on a couple of the attatchments?

Elaborating on what Boba Fett said, they are just too different to modify, and modelling each would probably be easier than modifying one for the other. And plus that was an easy, first model for me to make to familiarize myself with Blender.

Sniperbaas392 said:
Urkle.... Your Jun helm just put all of my work to shame lol. ;) Very nice builds! I'm quite jealous of your skills in modeling it. Keep up the good work!

Cheers!

Thank you! Just keep working and you will get your skills up pretty good as well. By the way, it seems like everyone is making the Jun helmet... And I'm even starting to see some Emile ones around here too.

Now for a look forward:

ReachJorge.png

My work so far on Jorge's helmet.

ReachSniperRifle.png

My work on a little background project, the sniper rifle. Don't take it too seriously, because I might drop the project if it proves too difficult. Because it is difficult to see, I have done the edges for about one fourth Jorge's helmet in the front view, and have some of the left section of the rifle edged out, right above Jun's forearm, and the barrel is also being worked on.

Please read: Just a little heads up to everyone out there, if you start up an unfold that you will release for download, and are far into it but realize the color is on the inside, just proceed with the unfold, and don't start over after all that work because I said "color must be visible on outside." I should have reworked it to have the color on the outside beforehand, and you don't need to suffer a re-unfold after all your work because of my lack in initiative there. And to anyone who has those "blonde moments," when I said the unfolds that will be released have to have the color on the outside, I don't mean to print it colored. I just wanted to clarify that, to prevent anyone from wasting all that ink.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh! dude! Awesome! Hey, if you DO drop the sniper project, can I play with it? I'm trying to learn Blender... Especially with Reach coming and I also want to make my own RC files eventually. And 1 question (real noob lol) how did you get that picture of Jorge on the blender... grid whatever. I know how to do it on sketchup, but not blender. And not to hijack the thread, but I think German is a MUCH easier language to learn. I used to take it, but I switched to Latin. It is a pain in the %#&... if your memory sucks (like mine) you won't do very well... on the other hand, if you have trhe equivilent of a photographic memory, you will totally pwn at Latin/

Boba Fett said:
Oh! dude! Awesome! Hey, if you DO drop the sniper project, can I play with it? I'm trying to learn Blender... Especially with Reach coming and I also want to make my own RC files eventually. And 1 question (real noob lol) how did you get that picture of Jorge on the blender... grid whatever. I know how to do it on sketchup, but not blender. And not to hijack the thread, but I think German is a MUCH easier language to learn. I used to take it, but I switched to Latin. It is a pain in the %#&... if your memory sucks (like mine) you won't do very well... on the other hand, if you have trhe equivilent of a photographic memory, you will totally pwn at Latin/

You can have the file to work with even if I go through with the project, just pm me when you want it. I first separated the picture of Jorge's helmet's side and front view into 2 pictures, and cut each picture to be equal-sized. Then, in Blender, click View, Background Image, then in the pop-up hit load, and find it in the directory thing (I think that's right, I'm saying it from memory here). If you need help just ask, and I'll do my best to help you. German is very easy, but Spanish is the easiest in my opinion. I would take Latin if I had the option, but the only available languages at my school are Spanish with a teacher who loves giving lots of work, German with an easy teacher, French with an easy teacher, and AP/difficult Chinese. And my memory is almost photographic. With most small things (like sentences or definitions), 3 to 5 reads will be all it takes to memorize it word for word.

In That case, you could learn Latin with EASE! I'll shoot you a PM later. I'll try that out in Blender, and see how it goes... Thanks for the help.

Boba Fett said:
In That case, you could learn Latin with EASE! I'll shoot you a PM later. I'll try that out in Blender, and see how it goes... Thanks for the help.

Alright, I will have the file at the ready for later. And you're welcome.

EDIT:

Work so far:

ReachSniperRifle1.png

Need to fix the front of the barrel. Anyone know how I can move the round gray dot thing and the 3D transform manipulator (in the middle of the barrel) back to the center of the grid?

ReachJorge1.png

The visor is kind of not good at the moment. Color will be moved to red-orange probably for the helmet itself as well.

Chevysrule said:
Alright, I will have the file at the ready for later. And you're welcome.

EDIT:

Work so far:

ReachSniperRifle1.png

Need to fix the front of the barrel. Anyone know how I can move the round gray dot thing and the 3D transform manipulator (in the middle of the barrel) back to the center of the grid?

ReachJorge1.png

The visor is kind of not good at the moment. Color will be moved to red-orange probably for the helmet itself as well.

Are you taliking about the the little axis? Depending on what piece is selected, the axis will change to be in the middle of that piece.

Finished up my rifle (It's pretty simple, so I can readily pep it.)

Here's one of the pics I was working with:

(Don't want to seem like a sore loser or anything ;) (I've accepted that you're a better modeler. :lol)

Sniper_Rifle_right.jpg

Although it's hard to work from that angle in blender, you should be able to "free-model" in some of the details.

BTW: I was planning on running my helm through a 3d printer to see what it would look like when it is pepped. Do you mind if I do the same with your Jun helm?

Thanks!

Sniperbaas392 said:
Are you taliking about the the little axis? Depending on what piece is selected, the axis will change to be in the middle of that piece.

Finished up my rifle (It's pretty simple, so I can readily pep it.)

Here's one of the pics I was working with:

(Don't want to seem like a sore loser or anything ;) (I've accepted that you're a better modeler. :lol )

Sniper_Rifle_right.jpg

Although it's hard to work from that angle in blender, you should be able to "free-model" in some of the details.

BTW: I was planning on running my helm through a 3d printer to see what it would look like when it is pepped. Do you mind if I do the same with your Jun helm?

Thanks!

Yeah but I am in obect mode, and for some reason it thinks the center of the cylinder is the center of the model, and I was wondering how to fix that. Thanks for the reference picture (and the friend add too :) ), it will help a lot, even though I'm horrible at free-modeling. I don't mind if you run the Jun helmet through the 3D printer, do you need the .blend file for it?

Chevysrule said:
Yeah but I am in obect mode, and for some reason it thinks the center of the cylinder is the center of the model, and I was wondering how to fix that. Thanks for the reference picture (and the friend add too :) ), it will help a lot, even though I'm horrible at free-modeling. I don't mind if you run the Jun helmet through the 3D printer, do you need the .blend file for it?

Hmmm.... not sure why it would still be doing that, but C'est la vie. (Dangit wrong language ;) ) I actually can convert the 3ds file and then run it through the printer, but thanks for the offer. I should be able to get it in tomorrow, (depending on my chem class). I'll send you pics as soon as it's done (and maybe the model later.) (It'll be about 2-3 inches tall.) Ironically, I'm a bit better at free-modeling, for I get a bit impatient (and lazy), when I work exclusively with a picture. Keep up the good work! (In part because, I'm going to be a bit busy with school for a bit lol.) Out of curiousity, what are you planning to model after Jorge's helm?

Cheers!

Sniperbaas392 said:
Hmmm.... not sure why it would still be doing that, but C'est la vie. (Dangit wrong language ;) ) I actually can convert the 3ds file and then run it through the printer, but thanks for the offer. I should be able to get it in tomorrow, (depending on my chem class). I'll send you pics as soon as it's done (and maybe the model later.) (It'll be about 2-3 inches tall.) Ironically, I'm a bit better at free-modeling, for I get a bit impatient (and lazy), when I work exclusively with a picture. Keep up the good work! (In part because, I'm going to be a bit busy with school for a bit lol.) Out of curiousity, what are you planning to model after Jorge's helm?

Cheers!

French for "that's life," right? Lol. I'm looking forward to those picture of it printed. I dislike working with just one picture, too, as I have to have angles for reference (side, front, and a random angle, usually). After Jorge's helmet, I haven't really put any thought as to what I'm going to do, and from the looks of it I might not do any models for a little, if I can't find anything good to create. That is because I have tons of tutorials on learning to make games in Blender, expanding my modelling skills, and learning command line. But since the future for what I will do is still uncertain, I'm not going to give a 100% sure "This is what I'm gonna do," at least not at this moment.

Hey, so Bungie just released a new ViDoc that has some better looks at some of the spartans, and I noticed some things that aren't in your models (And I'm not complaining, because your models look great!) But I was just curious if you'd want to work them into Emile's helmet. Here are some ref pics:

Emileredo1.png

EmileRef2-1.png

Just a better look at his helmet

EmileRedo2.png

Purrie said:
Hey, so Bungie just released a new ViDoc that has some better looks at some of the spartans, and I noticed some things that aren't in your models (And I'm not complaining, because your models look great!) But I was just curious if you'd want to work them into Emile's helmet. Here are some ref

[...]

Just a better look at his helmet

[...]

Well that was my first model, so it didn't turn out as good as it would if I made it now. The lower circled part is there, but it is kind of like a small mound, and isn't built out all the way like in the picture. And as for the top circled part on the side, it is an attachment to the helmet, so I probably won't add it into that model. However, if I go back and edit it to add in detail, I will be sure to add that stuff in. Thank you for the information.

Can I get a second opinion on something I just noticed from those two bottom pictures: does it look like the lower vent-things in his midddle jaw area go outward on their border, then inward?

Chevysrule said:
Well that was my first model, so it didn't turn out as good as it would if I made it now. The lower circled part is there, but it is kind of like a small mound, and isn't built out all the way like in the picture. And as for the top circled part on the side, it is an attachment to the helmet, so I probably won't add it into that model. However, if I go back and edit it to add in detail, I will be sure to add that stuff in. Thank you for the information.

Can I get a second opinion on something I just noticed from those two bottom pictures: does it look like the lower vent-things in his midddle jaw area go outward on their border, then inward?

I belive you are correct sir. They do look like they go outward. When you made the pep did you have them going inward?

Tekk said:
I belive you are correct sir. They do look like they go outward. When you made the pep did you have them going inward?

Yes, but I didn't have very much reference to notice that they did that.

DylanMarx said:
Did anyone unfold Emile's helment yet?

1 Shot 1 Kill has been working on an unfold, and he will release it sometime. I don't exactly know when though.

I've also been doing both, but they're very difficult to unfold because of the modeling style. No offense :) It's just that the way the polygons intersect can be somewhat sporadic.

Boba Fett said:
I've also been doing both, but they're very difficult to unfold because of the modeling style. No offense :) It's just that the way the polygons intersect can be somewhat sporadic.

None taken. I will try to make my future models easier to unfold for you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back