Chewdog Needs our Help raising money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Forum Founder
Member DIN
S800
Thanks to all who supported our efforts in the production of Halo. As it goes through its elogated post production and legalease I am working on a new project.

Hello my Friends and Family this is Donald Munson JR.

I am getting things underway on a student film and to cut straight to the point I need money. I need to raise 2500 dollars for expenses including equipment, props, sets, and costumes. I’m not asking for a minimum from anyone, it’s completely up to you and remember that even 1 dollar helps out. In fact with all the emails and contacts I’m making if everyone contributed at least 1 dollar the movie would be easily funded. All contributors will be listed in the credits as Supporters with your name, business, basically who you are. Anyone kind enough to donate 1000 dollars or more will be listed as Producers to the film. There are a few additional things listed at the indiegogo website below to those who wish to contribute.

The film is a short about a young Japanese girl with a dark family past. I would like to shoot is on High format HD video or 35mm, it depends on how much I can raise. There is no deadline except to raise the money before May. If you are interested I urge you to contact me about it to my email. For more information on the film visit http://www.indiegogo.com/Kataki where you will find more about the film and me. There is also a link to donate to the film. You can also visit http://www.dphfilms.com/films.html and http://youtube.com/user/chewdog316 to view my past films. This will be the best project I have done to date.

Because this is a student film there are TAX related programs that can help out donators.

I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your time and hopefully your money :-D .

V/R

Donald JR Munson

If you're interested, PM him. We'd all love to see someone on the boards do well!

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam said:
If you're interested, PM him. We'd all love to see someone on the boards do well!

If he could do a paypal "button" donation, I'd gladly send some money his way.

- Darke

darkesword2020 said:
If he could do a paypal "button" donation, I'd gladly send some money his way.

- Darke

Thats a great idea, but actually you can send anything to paypal via the user chewdog316@hotmail.com . Or you can go to the website that I am raising money on

www.indiegogo.com/kataki and donate money there thru paypal as well.

I appreciate anything you guys. Thank you.

Hey Chewdog, I know you do filming and animation and such and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind talking with me on the phone for a few minutes about the process required for filming/animation and the like , and what college's are looking for "in filming" and how that situation is, because I'd like to major in filming and animation and was wondering if you wouldn't mind spending some time with me discussing the process to get into that realm of work.

- Darke

P.S. I'll send you a donation asap (waiting for someone to pay me for an item... :p )

Heya Chew Dog,

Your flambeau short was very cute :D
If you have any questions regarding HD, I'm working on an HD indie film right now :D

Good luck to ya :D

Darksword Id love to talk to you about it, its not as hard as you might think, the hard part is networking which is what Im doing right now.

Skullcandy, thanks very much for the compliment. As for HD its a simple format that we have worked with a number of times, im not a huge fan of the consumer/prosumer cameras, if i shoot this student film in HD we will probably rent the Viper camera or one similar.

Also if anyone wants to donate I have been getting some issues with the indiegogo website so:

There are many ways to do so.
1.You can mail a check, money order, cash, of any amount you desire to my home address:
JR Munson
2810 Keats St. #12
San Diego, CA
2. Call me and I will come to your place and pick up your payment. (Sorry out-of-stater’s)
3. Or if you have a paypal account, paypal me directly at chewdog316@hotmail.com.
That’s pretty much it, any other questions hit me up ASAP.
Thanks again for reading.
V/R
JR Donald

Thanks so much to everyone that has helped out.

We havent reached our goal yet, but we have raised $322 so far.

If you would still like to donate please pm me, email: chewdog316@hotmail.com , or submit to paypal via the same email.

Thanks so much for everyones help.

-JR

"Skullcandy, thanks very much for the compliment. As for HD its a simple format that we have worked with a number of times, im not a huge fan of the consumer/prosumer cameras, if i shoot this student film in HD we will probably rent the Viper camera or one similar."

Well we used a Panasonic HVX and got Film Quality results on most of our shots, it may be considered "Pro-Sumer", but it leveled the playing field. Not everyone has access to a Viper :p

Very True, i hope you didnt think i was putting down HD. We love HD we use it all the time. But true film quality has only been accomplished on the bigger series. Not to say that the smaller ones can full us because i have been fooled before. But there is depth of field issues that digital cameras cannot compensate for like the bigger ones. Also jsut a note, any 720p camera is equal to 16mm film stock. Just a fun fact. The only digital cameras are the Panavision Genesis, Viper, and Red to succesfully get 35mm quality. But they still have issues as well.

Chewdog316 said:
Very True, i hope you didnt think i was putting down HD. We love HD we use it all the time. But true film quality has only been accomplished on the bigger series. Not to say that the smaller ones can full us because i have been fooled before. But there is depth of field issues that digital cameras cannot compensate for like the bigger ones. Also jsut a note, any 720p camera is equal to 16mm film stock. Just a fun fact. The only digital cameras are the Panavision Genesis, Viper, and Red to succesfully get 35mm quality. But they still have issues as well.

Nah I didn't take it as offense. It's too hard to tell context over the internet. I guess what I was getting at is the final product is what matters. I don't think anyone, unless their a gear head, minds if you use a Viper or an HVX.

It's nice talking shop with someone :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back