Chiefers ODST build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't read Polish, but judging from the pictures and the numbers, it's the exact same stuff I used for most of my ODST build. So you can totally do your chest with foam (it's actually pretty easy and gives a great result if you think it through before starting)!

Dude this is awesome :) I love the Medic concept you got. THe cardboard SMG looks sick as well :) keep up the awesome job

Thanks for the comments guys :D and ZMX I just wasn´t sure what kind of foam should I use and one the you saw were foam puzzle (for kids) or something like that. Still thanks for the help :)

God I forgot to ask a rather important question to ask :X so is there a way to paint the foam ? If yes then could you guys tell me which one to use :D ? BTW Iam planning to buy some foam next week and I hope I can post some pictures of the armor too :) And well yesterday I tried my ODST helmet on and i realized it was too small, so I have to re-do it again :X. oh and I got something, a short trailer I made for Halo 4 :D well Enjoy !

Last edited by a moderator:
There is, of course, a way to paint foam, but it requires doing something called "sealing" your foam. The easiest way to do that is to use PlastiDip, which is a spray-on rubber coating. HOWEVER, since I can't find any for the lift of me in one of the most populous provinces of Canada, I seriously doubt you'll find any in your homeland. So here's what *I* did instead : using a 1 to 1 mix of water and white glue (y'know, standard school glue), I just painted it on the pieces once, let it dry, then do several other coat. This will saturate the foam's sponge-like absorbtion and create a light coat on which paint will stick without having to empty a whole can on it. Here's the video tutorial I followed :

As he says in the vid, though, there are always risks of having the paint crack if the piece is put under too much stress.

Last edited by a moderator:
It´s update time again ! :D

First things first, here´s the new helmet which is 1cm bigger than the older one and it fits just fine. I accually made a new version of the HU-RS Torch attachment with a roll in which the torch will be put in. I´am currently fiberglassing the helmet and I´am like 70% done with it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Because Fluttershy is awesome :3

Well last week I did some shopping and bought a few things like this 50 x 50 cm and 2mm wide sheet of plexi glass

Thankfully I didn´t have to buy a glue gun because ma grandpa had one an he won´t be using it anymore so he gave it to me. So I only had to buy some glue sticks (15pieces) for 5€.

And I bough 12 sheets of foam for 10€

So I started cutting, glueing the pieces together and I realised that working with foam is pretty easy but working hot glue is a little bit messy and it dryes really fast.

It´s a bit off-topic but look what I´ve got ! :D

I had to buy this UNSC Armory set for 5€ even though my mother said I´am too old for legos but Love legos :D And well it was accually the first time I saw Megablocks here in Slovakia.

So I guess that´s all for now but stay tuned for more updates!

Pat

Update !

So, I have been busy since my last update well, I spent most of the time figuring out what kind of color should I paint my costume. I will be going with graphite gray as the base color and black for some details. Other than that I glued the spine pieces to the chestcore. I guess it came out pretty good :D

odstchestback.jpg

p9260034.jpg

p9270037.jpg

Also I added some weathering effect on the belt buckles.

pa040060.jpg

And after like 2 days of painting and adding details ... I finally finished the chest core.

pa030038.jpg

I did some bondoing too but saddly I ran out of it so I had do some shopping aggain :( and I got this 2 kg can of body filler for 11 €. Which is pretty cheap!

p9270036.jpg

So I was able to continue working but I have only finished the crotch plate, but I´am still working on the thighs, chest plate, helmet, knife and the sheat.

pa030052n.jpg

Well thats it for now. Hopefuly I will be able to finish this before 6.11.12

Cheers !

Pat-

Update !

It´s update time again and I have a few pictures of the fully completed Chest plate, Hip plates and Thigh armor :D Enjoy !

pa180066.jpg

pa180068.jpg

pa180072.jpg

pa180073m.jpg

Pat-

And SiloZen thanks for the comment :)

Update ! :D

So I have a few more pieces finished, well that would be the Belt, the Stomach (center) plate and lastly the Side plates.

pa190078.jpg

pa190082.jpg

pa190077.jpg

And here´s another picture to show you how it looks like now :D Enjoy ! BTW sorry about the bad quality :(

pa190075.jpg

Pat-

Update !

So another update is here and I got some pictures of both finished shins + knee armor and pictures of the finished helmet.

pa230090.jpg

pa230086.jpg

pa230087.jpg

pa230088.jpg

pa230089.jpg

prilba1fun.jpg

Later I will add the Helljumper and UNSC logo.

Pat-

Good luck for the visor. What I would recommend is buying a cheap welding visor off of ebay and cutting the template out on that. I made mine using acrylic and VHT, and it really did not turn out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back