Chiefers ODST build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck for the visor. What I would recommend is buying a cheap welding visor off of ebay and cutting the template out on that. I made mine using acrylic and VHT, and it really did not turn out well.

Thanks for the advice :D but I have been thinking about making the visor out of plexiglass or a plastic bottle like here

Pat-

Last edited by a moderator:
Update !

So I have been experimenting with the visor lately. First I tried the plastic bottle method and well ... and it was a disaster and pretty much it didn´t came out like I expected. So next I tried using instead of a plastic bottle a cover or foil ... or whatever it is but at least i can see through it. Here are some pictures how it actually came out.

pa290109.jpg

pa290110.jpg

pa290111.jpg

pa290112.jpg

Well the next thing will be figuring out what kind of glue should I use to glue them together. Could you guys recommend what kind of glue should I use ? :D Lastly it´s not much but I glued in the flashlight into the HU-RS attachment.

pa270104.jpg

pa270105.jpg

pa270106.jpg

So I guess that´s all for now :D Enjoy !

Pat-

Update !

Weee ! :D I just finished the knife and the sheet. Check it out ! BTW red is supposed to be blood :D

pb020127.jpg

pb020128.jpg

pb020125.jpg

pb020126.jpg

pb020129.jpg

I want to attach it to the right shin armor like this .... using fiberglass.

pb020130x.jpg

pb020131.jpg

That´s all for now, well hopefuly tomorrow I will finish the SMG :D so stay tuned. But still, there are a few things remaining like padding the forearms, helmet, attaching the visor into the helmet and ... well.... I guess that´s it. And if I´am lucky I will be able to finish this before the release of Halo 4 !

Pat-

Small update !

I finished painting the SMG :D but I´am in a kind of hurry so it doesn´t look that good but it will do its job just fine. BTW I painted the silencers top red so the people should know it´s not real :)

pb030135.jpg

Pat-

Update !

First of sorry for the doub... I mean triple post but I have some more pictures :D I just finished padding the helmet and the forearms plus the visor is already in place too!

pb030136.jpg

pb030137.jpg

pb030138.jpg

pb030139.jpg

And here´s a picture of how I can see through the visor.

pb030140.jpg

Pat-

Thanks :D well at first I was afraid of the visibility, but it´s just a temporary solution so later I will replace it with plexiglass.

Pat-

Finished ! :D

I can´t believe it! After more than two years I finally finished my first armor ! :D Wow, I´am so happy right now. Well I guess I´am the first ODST Medic :D

odstmedic1.jpg

Tomorrow I will post some more pictures so stay tuned!

Pat-

I'm sure that this is the last thing you wanna hear, but your lack of shoulders really annoys me. Then you could say that my lack of forearms annoys you, so I'll just be quiet.

I was extremely surprised when I saw that this was being resurrected from going necro for so long. I must say you did an exceptional job, and I love it.

Thanks for the kind words :D on the other side it´s just a concept armor so I guess the shoulders aint that big deal :D

Pat-

Like I said before it´s just a temporary solution :D and well I don´t like the vacuform method so I´am gonna try something else. Still thanks for the advice.

Pat-

Wow!!! Great job!!! I agree with guitarmaster157, without the shoulders It looks like your missing somthing... Other than that.. Amazing!!

This entire thing was amazing! I can't wait to continue my ODST suit when I get home from college and have time to work again. You really helped me want to continue it. I will be using this as references as how to do certain things haha.

Some more pictures !

Like I promised here are some pictures of the armor. Well yesterday I had some difficulties uploading them but I´am glad everything has been solved, still, I can´t wait to pick up my copy of Halo 4 Limited edition in my costume :D so there will be more pics comming. Plus I have been planning recording an unboxing video of the H4-LE and if everything goes how I imagined there will be a video about my trip to the store :D

pb040144.jpg

pb040145.jpg

pb040146.jpg

pb040147.jpg

pb040148.jpg

akiyata , jamestfox - I´am glad you guys like my costume :D and I know it looks different without the shoulder armor but I like it this way better than with them :D

Pat-

turned out great my friend, its ok if you dont do certain parts like shoulders, unquieness is actually something I enjoy more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back