Christian Bale Goes Insane On Set Of T4

Status
Not open for further replies.
23Magnum said:
I think Bale's next role should be Jesus since everyone is so quick to crucify him for being human.
Well said, this was the point i was trying to get across earlier :)

Last edited by a moderator:
gamerguy55 said:
Everyone gets angry sometimes, but no one should be able to explode like that and get away with it.
Christian Bale is never going near my puppy! :p

I only mentioned it because it seemed to bring him joy in his role in Equilibrium ;)

Of course...he did lock it in the trunk...

Back to the Bonsai plant I guess!

I completely empathize with him about his and just hate the way that the internet is spreading it like it's newsworthy.

Everyone has exploded like that at one time or another, Bale is just being abused for it because he made the mistake of doing it while sound was still rolling, and because the YouTube age has made an industry out of publicizing embarrassing moments. If I were him I'd be more pissed now than ever at the director and the production crew because they had to be the ones who released it to the webs. What asses. I see what he meant about the lack of professionalism.

I bet he and Michael Phelps are seriously reconsidering their celebrity now. Might be time to take a few years off, fellas. ;)

I have been involved with theatre and indy films since high school. I have seen worse. The more you are getting paid for a project, the more you feel under pressure to make the scene perfect. It is my opinion that both parties were trying to make the scene perfect. The DP was checking the lights, and made a mistake. The actor was pissed because there was an interruption in the scene during filming. If the video had not been released to the general public, it would have all been forgotten. Someone throwing a tantrum and walking off the set happens several times during production and given time to cool off, everyone usually gets the job done and remains in good standing with everyone else involved. The last play I was in, a prop was not put back at the end of the last performance, and two actors were fighting over whose responsibility it was to make sure that it was put back in its starting position. 5 minutes to go before curtain, and they were yelling at each other backstage. The director went out and put it in its place, and the show went on. That particular show ended up having the best review out of the whole run of the show.

Its just stress, everyone needs to get over it.

Adam, I removed someone else's video for doing something very similar. I don't think we need to act like the amateur news casters from HLN about all this.

It's the no spin zone...

yeah, you're right. Just trying to lighten up the mood in this thread.

Adam said:
Just trying to lighten up the mood in this thread.

I realize that just wouldn't be fair if we allowed that and not allow the other one.

Wow.

I saw this on some other forums I frequent and... well, I just had to laugh.

I'll admit, the lights techie shouldn't have been pissing around with the lighting during a shoot - if there's a problem you should at the least wait until a shoot's been finished, THEN raise the issue. Running on set and twiddling them around during a shoot obviously can distract the actors and cause problems and on that hand, I have to give it to Bale: he's at least justified in his thoughts.

That being said: the dude's supposed to be a professional. There is absolutely no way I would ever have allowed anybody under my employ to fire off like that, no matter what the problem - there's always a solution and a way around things that doesn't involve threatening or shouting. Bale should have been taken to one side, allowed to calm down, and then the issue should have been raised calmly and resolved peacefully.

As it is, both of the parties involved acted extremely unprofessionally. The lights guy should have known better, and Bale definitely shouldn't have gone off as he did - hell, neither party should have been ALLOWED to go through that whole thing.

My $0.02 on the matter.

well, lets go ahead and finish this thread off, it was fun, but lets move on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back