Circuit Designer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, I am just wondering, does anyone here know how to create schematics for electronics?

Because I have some knowledge as I am taking a course in school on digital electronics, so I should be able to design functional circuits and such if anyone wants, I say this here because, A: I need practice, and B: I would be helping out the community at the same time.

So if you want me to make a circuit for, say, a fan starting up with certain conditions, post here.

Example: a fan that will automatically start blowing when the temp gets to 70 degrees F, for inside a helm.

that would be very usefull.
I was going to wire mine with a light senser i have to turn my lights on when it gets dark but didnt due to time.It would also be kool to have a voltage regulater dial to reduce the brightness of the leds if needed.I would be very interested in a circuit board with those options.you can PM me with price.
I use a 9.6 volt rechargable battery.

How about a circuit that can dim and brighten Leds like in Sean's energy swordOr is it adams.Well just dim a few leds from a little light to a lot of light.And run off about a AA or C.

hmm, well, from what I know, you would need a Variable resistor, I will do a bit of research into it, the circuit itself shouldn't be too hard though, since it's only lighting a few LED's.

as far as I know, they do make stuff like that which you can buy at places like circuit city.

PillowFire said:
hmm, well, from what I know, you would need a Variable resistor, I will do a bit of research into it, the circuit itself shouldn't be too hard though, since it's only lighting a few LED's.

as far as I know, they do make stuff like that which you can buy at places like circuit city.

Erm what would i ask for?

Last edited by a moderator:
well, that particular part is what they commonly use in things like dimmer switches, in essense, you are manualy controlling the amount of voltage allowed through, so I guess you could try to ask for a dimmer switch.

Edit:I just realised that they don't use Variable resistors much anymore for dimming purposes because they aren't as effecient and generate heat.

When i was testing my wiring at work the electronics guy used this thing he ran the power through with a dial on it and kept turning it up till it reached 9.6 volts to check if i needed resistors on my leds they started off very dim and at 9.6 they were full brightness.it was about 1 inch round 2 inch long looked like it was quite old ill ask him about it next time.

that was probably a variable resistor, they also use those types of resistors to measure voltage or potential in a circuit.

I would really like to see a simple circuit for a digital display counter for an AR or BR prop weapon. I have seen similair counters for the Aliens M41 pulse rifle but they want $$$ for their boards. Just a simple counter that counts down from full mag with each pull of the trigger switch and a reset switch for reloads.

Ah yes, high school electronics class.
For the fan, you would need a variable resistor.
You could make one with a tempature sensor, bought at radio shack for about $2. (Its blue and purple tip)
Also you attach that to a pre-set chip to read the sensor and determine *if* 70 degrees< , the fan would then turn on untill (70>) is reached
once more..
Get someone fluent enough in electronics to help you.

I don't think i have mentioned it here before but I go to a tech school and am in my 3rd year of electronics. If you guys have a questions or need schematics made i can do them here at home. Feel free to pm me anytime.

-As for the whole dimming LED thing that you guys would like (like the energy sword) you can use a simple variable 555 blinker circuit, you just need to introduce a capacitor in series with the LEDs so that they discharge (turn off) slowly.

On the topic of electronics;
A friend of mine and I are working on our helmets, We've got a few visions of grandour going on with these helmets.

We're talking about putting speakers into the helmet, with a volumn control built into it, LEDs, cooling fans, a built in wireless x-box live hook-up, and a motorized visor. Any guesses or exact factual knowledge on the ammount of power we'll need to supply? And because of all of the power pull that we are talking about we're planning on the power supply being on the chest or backpack.

quite an undertakeing for our first set of armor. By the way, we are doing this starting with pep paper.

PillowFire said:

You can just program the circuit To dim and what not. You can make the led turn on and off and I'm pretty positive you can control how much power gets to the led too. Maybe I'm wrong... We made battle bots in class last year. We programed ours to change direction when it ran into something.

Evil Femle said:
You can just program the circuit To dim and what not. You can make the led turn on and off and I'm pretty positive you can control how much power gets to the led too. Maybe I'm wrong... We made battle bots in class last year. We programed ours to change direction when it ran into something.

Not everyone uses basic stamp in their helmet, although since i have a board lying around i may just try that out.

I'm looking at wiring up my helmet with two push switches, one to turn on the helmet lights and one to turn on the two exhaust fans, both working off the same battery/power source. These will also be built into the design of the helmet, but as good as I am with buildings props I've always been all thumbs when it comes to electronics, lol. Would someone be able to help me out with this? It'd be much appreciated... :whistle:

SPARTAN II said:
I'm looking at wiring up my helmet with two push switches, one to turn on the helmet lights and one to turn on the two exhaust fans, both working off the same battery/power source. These will also be built into the design of the helmet, but as good as I am with buildings props I've always been all thumbs when it comes to electronics, lol. Would someone be able to help me out with this? It'd be much appreciated... :whistle:

What is the power source voltage and how many LEDs are you using?

we use a program called electronics workbench and its actually really great im gonna be dc and ac certified by the end of the year and digitally certified by the end of next year through the Advanced Technology Complex they built in our town so i can maybe help you out or even ask my teacher cause he is really cool about side projects and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back