Clone Trooper pep files coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the screencap, I'd say the knee looks wrong, but still might be a good start point. can you put up some more images/renders of the model? I grabbed a starship troopers arachnid from scifi3d the other day very cool, I may try to pep it one day, it astounds me that people out there will spend so much time modeling and texturing just to give it away for nothing.

AoBfrost said:
If people can post iron man and samus pepakura files, then I am entitled to make stormtrooper pep files and post them.

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool, can't wait to see the files!!

Last edited by a moderator:
When i set pep to not space each piece in the 3d model view it looks correct, but wit hall those lines and spacing, it looks odd, the knee cap piece also looks good, so tomorrow i'll work on the leg and lower torso.

Any idea on when we get these? Heh. I feel like wearing this suit would be an insult to the 501st because a lot of the Halo ers use pep and they use generally vacu forming. So seeing a troop of theirs done our way would be interesting.

there are add ons for 3ds max you can use, otherwise use vizup to lower the poly count on your models.

It works well.

The 501st legion is under the restraint to make sure their costumes are super accurate. Most dont care wether the costume made from paper mache provided its accurate enough. Most people Ive met in the legion actually are enthralled by people that make their own stuff from sctratch. And have tons of question of how to do it.
Ive shared the pepakura programs possibilities on the clone troopers site. They were exstatic, The idea of making their armor vs buying it was a happy surprise for most of them.

I'll try vizup on the entire body .3ds model I have, if it lowers poly but keeps over all quality it would help.

the thing about pep that makes me angry is say the thermal detinator, I tried editing a stormtroopers TD in pep, the main piece is rounded like a can, they cut it up into strips...I mean seriously, I if I made the TD myself, I'd cut a long piece of cardstock, then roll it up like a can.

Seems vizup wants me to purchase the program or else it wont let me save...awsome...:/

My School is having a Star Wars themed prom maybe and i think i should make a stormtrooper and be sweet, or be MC with a tie painted on and be cooler. wat u think?

Hi, those were awsome! But can you make the helmet with not so much folds etc.
But otherwise it was totally great!

jesus......that helmet may be a little tough for me......ill have to do that after my mc armor is done.

its supposed to look round and plasticy. not rough and papery. thats the hard part.

The helmets are all not being worked on because their the only piece with the most folds, it is impossible because after cutting it to fit, it takes like 50 pages to make the helmet, not worth it.

Until I can lower the poly's somehow, I will not work on helmets.

Quote:
My School is having a Star Wars themed prom maybe and i think i should make a stormtrooper and be sweet, or be MC with a tie painted on and be cooler. wat u think?

Why dont you get ahold of a local garrison in your area Im sure they would love to come to your school.

Doesnt hurt to ask.

Just an idea!

LOL.

Maybe a Jedi battle as the main event?
Lots of swordfighters in my neighbourhood.

Anywhoo, looking forward to the pep files. I have been a star wars fan for a long time.

Okay, sorry that it took so long... I've sent the file to AoBfrost and finally got the pictures up. sorry 'bout the crappy image host and the ads.

EDIT: Arg, images won't preview... dynamic pages blah... well, whatever.

Here's the model I used (Full/Stripped/Decimated)

Here's the helmet I made

Yeah, it's badly warped, because a ) it's my first b ) I wanted to get it done fast and c ) I cut it open and suck my head into the too small opening to show my friends over webcam :cool: but overall I think it's okay

@Descended Life: Go as Darth Vader! Pep Helmet + Robe = Evil ^^

The helmet is nice, but it isnt accurate enough for someone to walk around in and be recognized as a stormtrooper. It reminds me of the halo 2 masterchief helmet, blocky.......no offense though...

Whenever I feel like making them, the suit is very complex so cutting is hard, folding isnt as hard, but the cutting part is hard for me, cause I'm the one making the files.

Until I can lower the poly's somehow, I will not work on helmets
I dont know what package you're using, but most should offer some type of melt poly edit function. Its what I used to remodel and lower the poly count from the CQB helmet. You can end up with a lot of n-gons but unless you plan on texturing the model its not really an issue, as pep dosnt care about n-gons, it will just convert everything to quads and tri's.
edit; I see you're using max, Im fairly certain it has this function

Last edited by a moderator:
I love storm troopers and clone troops! So i don't like to see **** armor. No offence to anyone. So if you want to know were to get top grade armor. PM me and i will give you a link. I and know a lot of webs site and where to get every type of clone, stormtroopers and the Fett armor. And if you pm me tell me what are u looking for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back