Clone Trooper pep files coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AoBfrost said:
The helmet is nice, but it isnt accurate enough for someone to walk around in and be recognized as a stormtrooper. It reminds me of the halo 2 masterchief helmet, blocky.......no offense though...

Jop, I know. Thx for the criticism though. It's was thought as a starting point. It's okay from far away, and if you worked on it some more, it's lock sorta ok.
WarHead9705 is right of course, it does hurt when you look at it. Now, I'd love to vacuum-form an armor, but my flat's too small and if you wanted to make a clay model, the pep file would be a good way to get the proportions right (clay models are difficult as hell if you're not experienced).
Well, that's my 2 cents. I'll keep looking in to this, just because I think it's a nice way for people to own a storm trooper armour without too much commitment. normally, I'd say commitment is the key ingredient, but not everyone has the possibilities to vacuum form.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im looking forward to doing a full clone trooper setup as well, A commander appo. (episode 3 blue trooper)
I have ther models for the clone troopers, but they are so high res its rediculous. I tried to lower the poly count on my 5 year old computer, and It nearly turned itself into a crispy critter trying to do it.

This is going to be great! Star Wars Pep files!!! I've got lots of free Cardstock and will try anything! :D Can't wait! You get a dancing cat!

I'm working on some files right now if anyone is still intrested.I'm posting this here btw,because since this is a halo forum and I don't want to spread a lot of star wars stuff around and all.It is still in it's very early stages and the geometry needs to be cleaned up a little.

Here is a screen shot of my wip.

dacacheman said:
how do the 501st make their armor primarily? vaccuformed plastic?
Yes,they mostly use that method.Some though,use smooth on and all for their helmets.

chiefer said:
I'm working on some files right now if anyone is still intrested.I'm posting this here btw,because since this is a halo forum and I don't want to spread a lot of star wars stuff around and all.It is still in it's very early stages and the geometry needs to be cleaned up a little.

Here is a screen shot of my wip.

I'm definitely interested in those file, please keep me posted! (y)

I read somewhere that ALL clonetroopers were computer generated!
Thats correct, not a single full sized clone costume was ever made, a 1:3 scale maqeutte was sculpted for reference. Master Replicas sell an episode 3 clone trooper helmet that they claim was machined from the ILM 3d data, that may be the case but it has been modified (no neck ring) and its scale is slightly off, there are better versions around, for much less than the MR

how do the 501st make their armor primarily? vaccuformed plastic?
That depends on the costume. For stormtroopers vac forming is the best method, because thats how the original suits were done by SDS in england. Clonetroopers however are more of a mixed bag, some people are getting into rotocast parts (for things like helmets and boxes) as they have much nicer detail and sharper lines, for the larger smoother parts like thighs, shoulder bells etc, vac forming is the most cost effect method (imo) The major hurdle with making good clone armour is getting it all seamless, things like the calf armour are quite tricky, if they are made seamless its almost impossible to get you foot through, people are coming up with all kinds if clever ways around this though.

The hardest thing about using a 3d file to do something like a stormtrooper helmet would be making the 3d file accurate. the movie stormtrooper helmets are completely asymetrical, the eyes are different sizes and shapes, the back is crooked and the regulator pipes along the sides are different sizes, to make it perfect would be pretty hard (not impossible though), a clone trooper helmet would be much better suited because they are a far cleaner shape but, as I mentioned before, there are already quite a few really good fanmade clonetrooper helmets around and they dont cost that much.

No real clone suits were EVER made. You are correct on that. As far as armor goes it is made with vac tables and either ABS or styrene. There are some sets of Stormtrooper out there that have been made from molds that were cast from original suits. I used to have all three styles of Trooper armor. I am in the 501st Legion. I now only do clonetrooper armor. here is a pic of my clone armor. It is made by one as far as I am concerned the best clone armor maker out there. he made all of his molds and helmets. There are at this time two other makers that I know of that will be making pretty accurate armor as well. I have posted this pic in another section too under a different topic.

AoBfrost said:
Well Heres a helmet worth my pepakura skill

screwdfprlife.png

It isnt final, I'm not sure If I will release the helmet due to it being do dang odd shaped and smooth, too many pages and pep pieces to make the helmet, I just imported to I'll see what I can do.

I was confused with my other models and found this helmet to be the most accurate shaped, though being accurate....that means MORE PAGES/PIECES, so as my original statement stands, I may not be doing the helmet.

I unfolded the helmet, it is impossible to do, theres 30,000 faces and infinite amounts of folds.
Only the armor will be doable since it's less detailed than the helmet.

This is where one of the home build CNC machine would come in handy!

yeah I think that pep helmet that was built on page 2 had the poly count reduced too far.

Im looking forward to making a clone helmet, as well as the biker, and stormtrooper helmet.

As well as making a fully movie accurate to the empire strike back movie vader helmet.

Let me know when this is to a point of being able to be pep'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back