Close/lock old threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

CasualCosplayer

Mods please close or lock down threads that havent been touched for 3 or more months cause people are keep bringing them back. I´am really sick and tired of people necro posting and I bet I´am not the only one.

Pat-

I agree with [CasualCosplayer]. I've been seeing a lot of necro posting, especially since the big announcements of Halo 5 and Fallout 4. But I think 3 months might be a little to soon. I've seen old threads brought back to life from their creators usually within a time span of 1-8 months. So maybe just 1 year old threads could be locked?

Upvote 0
I feel that 3 months is way too soon to close/lock a thread.
I also feel that TOLERANCE would be prudent. Just because we are SEEING more necro posts, that does not warrant closing/locking threads that are 3 months or older.
I for one would be quite upset if my thread was closed because of an increase in necroposting on the forums.

Just my 2 cents.

:)

Upvote 0
Thats was just a suggestion. I dont care if it´s 3 months, 6 months or a year old thread, all "dead threads" should be locked down. There are threads that havent been touched since 2009 for example. People can still go check through them so whats the problem? Or where is the problem? The original creator can still ask the mods to re-open it.

Upvote 0
I do believe that this was something we discussed a while back, shortly after Art took over the reins and began restructuring the forum.

As I recall, the final word on the matter was 'we're not closing old threads' - yes, it's annoying to have to deal with people resurrecting dead threads, and more has to be done to educate members on the rules regarding necroposting, but it's far simpler to do that than scour the forum for threads passing a cutoff date every week and locking them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back