Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty interested in co-writing it Reece. Just message me on MSN sometime.

- Adulese

Hey, that cover is looking awesome, and completely legit!

I'd love to help, and I'm one of the best writers in my school, although I've had little experience in creative/fictional writing. Mostly historic analysis, book critiques, etc. But I'd still love to help, and I still love writing sci-fi. I can PM you some of my writing, maybe my junior-year term paper, if you want. If I could have an outline of a specific chapter, I could take a shot at it. What is the predicted length of the novel/each chapter?

Also, I'm a pretty effective editor, IMO. Everyone fights over me when we edit in Lit class. Just a thought.

Shade

Ok, Stig, I kind of re-wrote the teaser to see if you'd like my editing. Tell me what you think! (I just put it in quotes to be easier to read)

EDIT: The teaser posted above by The Stig was editted by Yours Truly (hmmm, he must have forgot to include that part ...), so there's no point in still having the editted version in this post ...

I think I'm in. As long as there aren't any real time constraints, it'd be fun.

However, I have a few suggestions.

From what I understand, this is a collection of short stories, correct? No unifying plot?

In my opinion, Stig, the way you suggested organizing the book is kinda iffy. I think the best way for us to organize it would be to keep each short story together.

So like this:

Story 1 (Chapters)

Story 2 (Chapters)

Story 3 (Chapters)

Story 4 (Chapters)

etc...

And how long are you look at per story?

And as a final note... I noticed you have a cover. Well, I came across a site that specializes in extremely small book publishing runs.

http://www.gorhamprinting.com/2prices/pricelists.htm

I think, assuming each story is finished, we could do a short publication for ourselves and any members interested in getting a copy. Pretty cool, eh?

Actually, Spartan137, I think that, ideally, the author of each of the substories could finish each of thier stories separately, and then do some hard-core editing during which they could intertwine each character of group's story-lines into each other, creating one complex, yet fluid, story-line.

And as a final note... I noticed you have a cover. Well, I came across a site that specializes in extremely small book publishing runs.

Cool find, although I believe that The Stig plans to publish this solely as an eBook (or PDF), and possibly submit it to The Source if it turns out good enough.

As for the length of the stories, I can tell you this: Today Stig and I (unofficially) finished writing and editting the first chapter installment of his own story, which focuses (as you can tell from the teaser) on a single squad of ODST's. We even made the chapter into a PDF file, with a front cover, etc. Just to see how it would turn out, and it still needs a lot of work. For nor, Stig is probably more interested in finishing the story than worrying what we have to do once the story is done.

I would post a link to the .pdf, but I wouldn't do that unless The Stig gave me permission.

As of now, I guess I'm sort of the Stig's unofficial editor, although I also plan to begin work on my own story which I will hopefully be able to intertwine with The Stig's ...

I think that the style Stig and I talked over works pretty well. However, I do think that it would be a great donation raiser for the 405th if we publish the book and allow users to get a hard copy. I may be old school, but I love good old paper text.

- Adulese

hey man this is gonna be kick ass. if this is a concept cover and ur looking for a final i may be able to help create one. if your interested PM me. but this is gonna be really awsome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back