Cog Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cut out light holes then cut lens out of 1/4 thick plexi glass then sanded plexi glass to give it the frosted look then used blue led lights on inside got blue lights at o'reilly's auto parts it's a 20 blue led light board
DSC00604.jpg

DSC00821.jpg

IMAG0140.jpg

IMAG0138.jpg

IMAG0133.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

Thank You jedi much help. You did an awesome job it looks fabulous. I thought about sanding plexiglass but wasnt quite sure how it would look. I like how your collar cam out what did you do to get it like that?

Some inspiring work there guys!

Please excuse me, I hope this isn't a silly question - but the chestpiece appears to be a 1-piece item? If so, how do you get in and out of it!?

Cheers!

A quick question for those that have finished a suit, or at least the breastplate. I pepped the legs and they seem ok, so I moved on to the breastplate. However once I got to the part with the collar I found my head wont fit through it! Do I need to start over and rescale or is there a simpler solution?

Scynthe

A quick question for those that have finished a suit, or at least the breastplate. I pepped the legs and they seem ok, so I moved on to the breastplate. However once I got to the part with the collar I found my head wont fit through it! Do I need to start over and rescale or is there a simpler solution?

Scynthe

your not supposed to fit your head through your neck hole. Think about how it sits on a person ( in game) only enough room really for their thick necks. Simple solution - you won't be putting it on like a T shirt - instead you will cut it in strategic spots (shoulders, down the middle of the sides) and putting it on as a front half/back half with clasps to keep it on.

Just like Platemail armor worn hundreds of years ago, it wasn't 1 piece you slipped on over your head, it was many parts you strapped on.

Personally I am worried about mine, on my torso dummy it takes up shoulder to shoulder but is just barely big enough to squeeze my barrel-ness in. If i made it bigger it would extend over my shoulders and into air, but as/is I don't know if the shoulder spaulders will fit on right.. guess my torso cast should of included arms after all. lol.

I noticed from pics that alot of people had cut out their neck sections and put foam in afterwards so I cut mine and continued the build. It's assembled now, and there is no way my shoulders are going to fit through the bottom. Have others split theirs like Kissker suggested? If so is there an optimal spot to do so?

Hey man. Great work and all. I'm new to the forum and was gonna start trying this out. However, your links to download the Pepakura files are no longer available. Can I get a re-up?

Jedi Tomray.... that is amazing.

I really want to pre-order the NECA retro lancer now.... and get the chainsaw lancer off of amazon..... but it's soooo expensive.... blahhhh

Anyways, am I correct in my findings that there are no Ben Carmine helmets pepped? I haven't been able to find anything but Anthony's helmet. The "stormtrooper" helmet hasn't been pepped either to my knowledge.

If you don't know what I'm talking about these are the 3 COG helmets (EDIT: Yes I know Clay Carmine has a new helmet... but I'm not a big fan of it, it's kinda ugly):

2810d1259757205-necas-gears-war-series-5-1cogheads.jpg

I just read through the entire thread - the only other person hosting them was on page 31, and they're broken too.
Anyone know where these files are available? Dying to have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back