Cog Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta admit after enjoying a Month of the Beta access (oh yeah, I went there) I finally am "too excited" to make the armor. I say that because of all the life issues going on that I really should take care of.. but instead Iam going to fork a few hundred hours into my hobby (this stuff man!) and make some awesome Cog armor.

*note
Started a while back.. long time... parts are being worked with and I am determined to get this right.

building a lancer out of wood to go with my armor here are some pics first i drew it on 3/8 thick board
DSC02024.jpg

DSC02025.jpg

then pulled one out and cut others blade off then put the one i pulled back in the middle for the blade then sanded to shape. then cut all detail parts out of difrent thickneses of wood and hand sanded them
DSC02028.jpg

DSC02031.jpg

then primed all parts then nailed all parts in place and bondo all nail holes then primed whole thing still have alot to do and plan on casting a mold off it when done still need to do the detail on blade and chainsaw chain going to use craft fome for under barrel grip area
DSC02032.jpg

DSC02033.jpg

very cool lancer it will be interesting to compare it to the one amazon came out with. But looks good no complaints about it

Has anyone been interested in the Retro Lancer?
Yeah, not as wicked as the Lancer, but the reason I ask is:

GameStop has a Exclusive pre order Retro Lancer (over 3.5 FEET long) with trigger activated machine-gun noises. Pre-Orderable, going to be released the same day as the game. Whopping $99 Price tag on it.

SUPPOSED to be like the exclusive Lancer that was released a while back, which is still a fan fav.

If I remember right the Lancer replica was nearly $1000

Straight from the page (and page link to follow):

Dubbed the Retro Lancer during the Lambent Invasion, the Pendulum Wars Lancer Assault Rifle was the preceding model to the Lancer Assault Rift. Used primarily in the Pendulum Wars as the COG soldier's primary choice weapon, it was abandoned about a year after Emergence Day because the weapon was ineffective to the Locust Horde's fighting tactics. However, following the Sinking of Jacinto when supplies started becoming sparse, the Retro Lancer started cropping up in fighting forces once again
  • Created from the actual 3D data used by Epic Games in the Gears of War 3 video game
  • Over 3 1/2 Feet in Length
  • Trigger Activates Machine Gun Sound Effect
  • Hand Painted with weathered and battle worn detail
I work at GS so mines already on it's way (but can't open until street date) But if you are interested - you should head to your local Game Stop and Pre-Order now, before they stop taking pre-orders, there aren't likely to be 'extras' laying around in store after release.

http://www.gamestop.com/toys/gears-of-war-3-retro-lancer-replica-gamestop-exclusive/90976?cid=ppc_g-7169081402-gears%20of%20war%20retro%20lancer-p&gclid=CPSE7MPhlqkCFdI42godcBkUvA

Found out today and got super excited!

Reason I post more then anything: In case you wanna skimp out making your own lancer before Release (in case time/money is an issue for supplies) or just don't feel like building the lancer yourself - an (relatively) cheap solution with still amazing detail can be snagged up a time of release.

And you can save $20 with combo deals if you plan to buy the normal or epic versions of the release. (epic with statue and all that)

Here are my progress pics of my GoW3 Baird suit. They're made of foam and scratch built.

Here are the goggles and boots so far.
Goggles1.jpg

Goggles2.jpg

Boot1.jpg

Boot2.jpg

Boot3.jpg

Boot4.jpg

Boot5.jpg

Boot6.jpg

The full thread is here

Last edited by a moderator:
It appears the standard size of the fenix chest armor might fit - but Iam a bit big around the waist LOL

I'll have to make some changes to make it harden right so it will fit afterward.

Also.. trying to find a camera to start my own thread. 45/47 pages completely assembled of the torso. Shoulders being worked on, well... played with more like it.

Heading to a buds to do some crafts there for the night.

Thant suit is looking awesome. I feel ya on the boots and such.
I am pondering the idea of building a Carmine style suit now. From the first Gears of war. Not really into the Gears 3 armor.
Heres a pic of me in my "Fenix" suit.

I-CON011.jpg

hears an up date on my lancer build got chain an teeth done just need to sand teeth then on to the barral and ammo clip holder then the sites. still a ways to go
DSC02044.jpg

DSC02045.jpg

DSC02046.jpg

DSC02043.jpg

Has any one finished a pepped cog armor yet? If so please post pics. I am curious as to how you got the plate detail into it.

@morfdogg, hey dude ive finished the full set of marcus and so far i found the best method is 3mm foam card for the plates after the bondo/ body filler methon and then fill and smooth the edges with plummers putty. After the paint and stuffs gone on and if you still think it need some i put some craft foam strips on the shoulders and then put lengths of webbing. got no pics as yet as it is a work in progress. hope the bits ive done help

I hate hotfile, you have to pay to get a faster download, if not they make it slower on purpose, and then they give you that thing where you have to type the incomprehendably visible text in the box, but even I have trouble reading it and i have perfect 20/20 vision, if not better. I know my dad has better that 20 in one eye because he had an eye injury a while back, that involved surgically removing metal debris out of his eye, and his other eye easily compensates. Also, I have to go through about 20 steps to download anything.

Just use 4shared. They make you wait 30 seconds, but they dont advertize overpriced premium in you face and make sure you can read the dumb little box. (Multiple times I might add, i got it right, and then the page got stuck, so i had to hit back and do it again) Its okay if its hard to read, but a letter thats upside down, AND only half of it is there! Is it an 8, or a 6? I can only see the bottom( o) thing and theres a bar through he rest thats the same color!

cogarmor001.jpg

IMAG0132.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

I just peped it then fiberglassed it then bondo then sanded and primed it then hot glued craft foam on then pop rivited them then primed twice then three coats of paint then clear matte coat but use black craft foam that way if it gets scratched it looks like battle damage i made the mistake of using green in some places on mine

@jedi Awesome work!!! I never thought of craft foam. what did you do for the lights on the shoulders? Can you take a back shot and one of the sides please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back