Cog Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jedi_Master_Ben said:
I have a question.

I want to do the lancer rifle as my first project. I have seen all the tutorials and feel comfortable in taking this on. However, I have not seen any tutorials addressing the assemble of any of the weapons (both Halo or Gears of War). The thing that is getting me is how do you reenforce the weapon from the inside? I understand the need for the fiberglass reenforcing on the inside of the armor, but how do you adress this with a weapon if at all? Is the coating of the outside with the resin enough so that the need to do so on the inside is not needed?

I appriciate any help here.

Thank you.

Theres a couple of methods you can resin the outside then cut it in half and fiberglass the inside, or use expanding foam to fill the inside or you could use poly resin and coat the inside with plastic

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay so I am starting right after my last exam (friday). I should respond with some updates and more questions as I go along. Seeing as this is my project there will be more questions then updates. But seeing how I have read every sticky in the noob forum and the pep forum I should know pretty much what I am doing! I hope to have my armor done by the time the uper arms and thighs go up!

Sincerely, Jacob

PSberetta said:
Lights are in :D

I was wondering if you would post an update on your chest. So guessing you used plexiglass and and 6 large LEDS and a power source

ratsta said:
hey man lets see it in the light that looks sweet....

He's posted pictures of him (page 8) in the chest with with out the lights, paint and miner changes

Update:

Well I decided to rework all the old files. So what yeah think?

gowchest2.jpg

EDIT: When i get closer to done i will need some unfolders

jppompers said:
sup i am working on my cog armor and was wondering if the was a specific file for the helmet?
thx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lBNvteIi1o...re=channel_page
video of my folded greaves

Sicked! Man those are intense! I just finished my shoulder pads today and they sucks so I think I am going to have to re do them. Luckily I started off with something small for my first time but I still am a bit sad that all of that time is wasted. But I guess I can learn from all of the mistakes I made.

hello guys dont spam me for being an idiot if i missed this but i have a question: im a pretty large kid , 6 ft 245 lbs and i really need to know the scaling for the armor just give me some formulas to work with, any answer will be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
EcOsE

The Pepakura greaves were just not working out for me.
No matter how big or small I made them, one thing or another just bugged me.
So, I am going to go with the good ol' sculpt, mold, and cast method.

Still have some stuff to add/change and some smoothing to do.
There will be a plate that will go under the base of the greave and sit on the boot.
This will give it the muli-layer effect, and move like it should.

The big lumpy hump on the back is to help the mold. It has nothing
to do with the greave.

Nice to see you posting again about that project but great sculpt

jppompers said:
sup i am working on my cog armor and was wondering if the was a specific file for the helmet?
thx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lBNvteIi1o...re=channel_page
video of my folded greaves

Well im glad some one working on these files ive always been lost doing something else. As for the pep helm there is one modeled by abgetes (sp?)

theband9000 said:
Sicked! Man those are intense! I just finished my shoulder pads today and they sucks so I think I am going to have to re do them. Luckily I started off with something small for my first time but I still am a bit sad that all of that time is wasted. But I guess I can learn from all of the mistakes I made.

That's how you learn you learn from the mistakes youve made in the past

ecose said:
hello guys dont spam me for being an idiot if i missed this but i have a question: im a pretty large kid , 6 ft 245 lbs and i really need to know the scaling for the armor just give me some formulas to work with, any answer will be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
EcOsE

The files are scaled around 6' 3" but the files are built for a larger parson but if you worried about that just find the wides point in pep then relate that to were you think it would end up being

Spartan 051 said:
Nice to see you posting again about that project but great sculpt
Well im glad some one working on these files ive always been lost doing something else. As for the pep helm there is one modeled by abgetes (sp?)
That's how you learn you learn from the mistakes youve made in the past
The files are scaled around 6' 3" but the files are built for a larger parson but if you worried about that just find the wides point in pep then relate that to were you think it would end up being

thank you sir that is good to know ... now i can get started

cheers,
eCoSe

sup i dont know what cog armor piece to do next any suggestions?
im currently working on a fallout Enclave mk 2 helmet (y)

All up to you if your looking to finish the a cog suit really quickly i would build the chest first then work your way on to the shines then the rest is just easy

i've decided after the enclave helmet i'll do the anthony carmine helmet,
anyone want it i'll post the link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back