Colonial, Let's get moving. (A judgement free getting healthy together)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FANGS, please don't misunderstand me, we would be more than happy to have you here with us getting healthy.......I just wanted to stay on topic about something 'close to home' so to speak, and I apologize if my joke about gastrointestinal issues missed the mark.

FANGS we would love you to keep posting and joining us here.

I understand about gut issues. Nutrition for my household has gotten both easier and worlds harder.

My adult daughter who lives in our attached apartment has Celiac disease. She is also Vegan. We currently share a kitchen. This means that I have to be more mindful of what I bring into the home as well as how I make anything on shared equipment.

This has caused me to be more mindful of what I am eating as well.

I attribute many of the diet changes to my daughter being here.

Now, onto updates.
I have reached below 210. A weight I have not seen in over 6 years.
I have had to buy a belt to keep my pants on. Most of my pants are well now pull on even with them zipped and buttoned.

The last few days I have had a similar diet.

Breakfast
Overnight oatmeal made with almond milk or coconut milk yogurt.

1st snack
Kind bar

Lunch
2 small red potatoes steamed
1 pouch of ready rice
2 halo oranges
1 Apple
1.5 to 2 cups of fresh uncooked veggies

2nd snack
KIND bar or other Nut bar

Dinner is where it changes
Last night I had fries and 2 vegan sausages.

Ok. I have been holding at about 210 for a bit over a week now. Maybe 2 weeks.

So. I need to restart the losing cycle.

I admit I have faltered a bit recently on staying on task and eating more again.

So. I am going to start pre prepping my breaskfast, snacks, and lunch at least 2x a week. Sunday and wed.

Ok great.....not gaining....that's a positive in my book!! Have you started any exercise regiments yet?

Set my calorie max at 2800. I walk like 11000 steps a day at work. Setting that cap has been helping a lot. minus cheat day. But with the Sci-fi focus I haven't been working out as much. so got to get that in somehow. We got this guys!

Last week I have little info on from my fitness tracker. I was on vacation , but my 3 nieces where up from Florida to visit.

4 hours running around and arcade with 3 runs of blazer tag one day. 3 days of con crazies. 1 day of trampoline park.

Sadly my walking is cut down now due to the trampoline park.

Vacation was so worth it but I broke my foot.

It is a small break that they can't do anything more than tape it really

Fitness report: Last week I managed to get on the bike and ride.....long hiatus from a damaged knee.....by the time I did mile #3 I was winded......Got in another 7 miles in the end.....a poor performance by my standard but at least I got off my butt. Then got sick the next day but managed to stick to my diet this week.....down 4 lbs. Looking to drop at least 30 lbs over this summer......perhaps more.

Well, I doubt I'm getting my goal for HOD.

This week has been interesting

Yesterday I tried to make my Doctor Halsey costume fully accurate. Thankfully I failed in that quest. An A/C unit I was repackaging for return decided it needed Halseys blood. It tried to take my left arm off. It got a decent bite. I did not need stiches but it was deeper. A good cleaning, lots of Neosporin n and bandaids and it will heal. Scar but heal.

Next fun thing
I will be getting a major walking workout tonight.
I'm looking forward to the walk bit not the reason.

My daughter has PTSD. Her esd escaped in a part of town she hasn't been in for long. It has at this time been about 18 hours that she has been missing.

Here is being hopeful we find her soon.

Emotional support dog. Luka has not passed tests to be a service dog yet. She does help my daughter with her ptsd though. Helping her keep calmer and deal with her severe manic depressive swings.

Sure thing. I'll leave you guys to it. Best of luck everyone!
Fangs you said you had acid reflux. That in and of itself will play havoc with what your stomach can and cant do from day to day. I have dealt with acid reflux for about 8 years now. The thing I learned with mine was. You eat one thing that gets it going and then your stomach is a mess for the rest of the day. Heck you can eat it the evening before and it is a mess for the entire next day.

And dont go quiet because Dirtdives is a spoil sport. LOL picking Dirtdives.

Believe me I have my own battle going. Top of the year I was informed that my left hip is completely done and needs replaced. my BMI at that time was nearly 50. DR informed me they will not do the surgery till I get below a BMI of 40 because it increases the chance of complications by over 25 percent. So I weighed in at 388 LB in january. In the next 4 months I dropped nearly 40 lb. As of today I am sitting right about 348 to 350 depending on what i have had to eat the last few days. But my issue at the moment is for the last 2 months I have been stuck. I need to shed about 40 more pounds between here and October to keep the timing in place to be able to get my hip replacement done and be able to be healed enough to pass my yearly DOT physical that I need for my CDL to maintain my backup driver status.

my diet hasnt been complicated. Nutra system and vegetables. can the high end sugar drinks. as in no POP or if any it is diet. blech. Cortisone shot every 3 months in my left hip so I can walk without being in misery which has allowed me to increase my activity level. course have to deal with the Cortisone shot causing me to put some weight back on every time for the first couple weeks after.
Biggest things is simply learning portion control. And that is hard because I am notorious for stress eating. The trade off after loosing 40lb at this stage is I havent had an acid reflux issue in nearly 4 months now. My energy level is up. Blood pressure is down enough that I have to be careful when I get up from sitting because my pressure is running low. But still not under control enough to reduce my meds yet. And I am much more mobile at least as mobile as a pair of hips that absolutely hate the world will let you be.

Thank for bringing that back up Kusak3, I'm trying to mend fences behind the scenes and already feel bad for my lack of tact.

I lost about 100 lbs in 7 months. I was on a low carb/sugar diet which literally just consisted of thai red/green curries every day. (I have a 50grams daily carb limit but 0 grams sugar tolerance) I still need to lose about 20 lbs to get to my average body weight for my height.

I did learn to cook though so I could be creative with my food. Morrocan seasoning is the bomb on chicken breast.

I only have like 1lb of food 3x a day and slowly developed a bad habit of only eating 1 meal a day because my stomach got adapted to smaller quantities of food and thus was able to go on without feeling hungry.

Sometimes I would have a breakfast of like tuna can or some berries. Dinner I usually don't eat since your body processes food much slower when you sleep, thus you could develop more fat.

I can't stress enough that the best option is to not eat until you are full! Only eat until you feel you can manage for another 7 hours. Water is key. More water is good to delay hunger thoughts and feel full-ish.

About to eat? drink heaps of water, like 2 glasses, wait 10 minutes to let it process, then eat!

If you eat before drinking water, you'll feel like you don't need to drink. This can end with you not drinking enough water to help your kidney and can result in uric crystals forming and thus gout can become an issue. Gout sucks. Don't make the mistake I did.

Hooked on sodas and can't get off? Try flavoured sparkling waters. I found cucumber/watermelon or lemon/lemonade flavours work best. Or even helps you lose more weight since lemons and cucumbers are dietary foods. They make you urinate a lot.

Drink 0.5 gallons of water everyday and make sure you drink heaps before eating.

Once you get to a weight that makes it possible to goto the gym, work on your breathing. Controlling your breathing helps master your stamina. I remember puffing out and feeling like puking on the first day until i got my breathing down.

ATM I'm 6ft 2" and 92kgs/202lbs.

I was 138 kgs / 305lbs in Jan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back