Complete Pepakura Viewer for CraftROBO guide/FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is another thing i want to know. can you just print edge ID's and no lines and it still cut and score like its supposed to?
to save ink...

...Then I manually move the cutting head to the first reg mark (bottom-left) with my keyboard. ... So uncheck "Search Registration Mark" and just push the button "Registration Mark Reading" after you've manually moved the cutting head to the first reg mark (note, not the laser reading head, the blade itself).

It will have trouble reading a reg mark if you have parts arranged close to them, so just keep the top left, and two bottom corners clear when arranging your parts on the page (again, assuming portrait orientation).

Once it finishes reading the reg marks, you should be good to go. Then just hit "Cut" and everything should be aligned. Good luck and let me know if you still have problems after that.

A SD landed on my door step over the holidays (I have a wonderful wife :) ) but I just got around to breaking it out today. A very frustrating afternoon during which I wasted a bunch of paper and reread the "help" portions of this thread about 1/2 dozen times.

Finally the quoted portion flagged my attention. Now cutting and scoring like a trooper!

Thanks to all the "robo experts" who contributed to this thread.

glad you got yours going as well. i find i still need to cut it twice for cardstock. wondering if changing the speed setting would help? (probably needs a new blade?)
The most frustrating thing is getting all the software going etc. if you can install it all before you get the product it will go alot smoother.
I was confused on one part. Pepakura Viewer for craftrobo is a different from pepakura viewer/designer. you have to have the full version of this AND full version of Pepakura Designer. Basically Viewer for craftrobo allows it obviously to work with the machine when your ready to cut you have to have the "controller" module installed as well (link posted.) so they can talk. otherwise its simple from there. so if you can have these already on your computer before you start the whole process youll be that far ahead.

odd issue. if i am using designer and save the file with edge id's on it will not print in viewer for robo.
in fact it just prints rows and rows of black ink which my wife loves. :D
but if i turn them off in viewer, save the file, turn edge ids on print its fine. odd.

@savage: hmmm.. that is odd... as for having to cut twice, i thought that was normal, considering 110lb card stock isnt an option to cut on the controller menu. I got the machine new and its never been able to cut 110lb in one go. I dont think the blade would be the problem....

OT
and this thread makes me laugh because i had to figure this all out for myself when i got my machine. Glad to see that when people have problems, this is the place to get answers. I wasted half a ream of card stock trying to get mine to run the first time :)

@savage: hmmm.. that is odd... as for having to cut twice, i thought that was normal, considering 110lb card stock isnt an option to cut on the controller menu. I got the machine new and its never been able to cut 110lb in one go. I dont think the blade would be the problem....

Use the blade cover that exposes the most blade (I think it's yellow) and set the depth to 32. It will cut all the way through.

Mine does not cut all the way through. I notice that it seems like it cuts best on upward strokes vs downward ones. Cut it twice and they pretty well fall out.
But still way nicer than manually cutting.

Please indulge me for a minute...

The project has to be inside the register marks
The register rmarks only show up in the Pepakura for CraftROBO viewer print preview, got to the page you want to check
The pieces can only be moved/rotated/split, etc. in Pepakura designer.
So,
10 Open Designer,
20 Adjust size by your favorite method,
30 Set to A4 paper,
40 Move pieces,
50 Save,
60 Open in Pepakura viewer for CraftROBO
70 Print Preview
80 Go to page (next, next, next)
90 If they fit then
100 Cut
110 Else
120 Go to 40
130 End If

May require a few times around per page. Do I have this right? It's a back and forth process and I'm not complaining, just want to make sure I get it.

Has anyone else gotten the error "Cannot find information about Craft Robo Controller", as far as I can tell everything is installed correctly and the silhouette software will cut. Any idea's on how to fix it would be appreciated, I have the silhouette SD CC330L cutter.

Nevermind, I guess the controller doesn't come on the silhouette install disc.

I had the same issue where it didnt find the controller. I had to google around and found it. I just typed Craft Robo Controller Download and it took me to the support site to download it. Hope this helps.

Please indulge me for a minute...

The project has to be inside the register marks
The register rmarks only show up in the Pepakura for CraftROBO viewer print preview, got to the page you want to check
The pieces can only be moved/rotated/split, etc. in Pepakura designer.
So,
10 Open Designer,
20 Adjust size by your favorite method,
30 Set to A4 paper,
40 Move pieces,
50 Save,
60 Open in Pepakura viewer for CraftROBO
70 Print Preview
80 Go to page (next, next, next)
90 If they fit then
100 Cut
110 Else
120 Go to 40
130 End If

May require a few times around per page. Do I have this right? It's a back and forth process and I'm not complaining, just want to make sure I get it.

Don't forget to turn the Registration markers on, I usually put the margins in designer to 25mm top and bottom, and 15 left right so that you have a good area to place your pieces in :) also avoid placing peices directly in the top left, and bottom corners. This will cause you to have to move pieces again, reprint, and recut due to all your cut lines being skewed

Don't forget to turn the Registration markers on, I usually put the margins in designer to 25mm top and bottom, and 15 left right so that you have a good area to place your pieces in :) also avoid placing peices directly in the top left, and bottom corners. This will cause you to have to move pieces again, reprint, and recut due to all your cut lines being skewed

Right, I was focused on that iterative process to get the pieces lined up to cut.
It took a little time and a little frustration, but now it's flying.

I also had the controller problem. The first site I went to wanted my serial number, no matter how many ways I put it in, it wouldn't take it. Tried again and found another site:
http://www.craftrobostore.com/craftrobodownloads.html
I downloaded
"Craft ROBO Controller version 5.01 (13.8MB)
Windows XP/Vista/7 to run the CC330L-20.
Choose this file if you are working on a Windows Platform to run the CC330L-20."
and unzipped it. It had two executables in it. The controller installer is "OPS654ver501/Disk1/setup.exe" Just double click and it installs.

Now I had another problem to tell you about. When I cut out the hand plate, some little parts got cut right off of the main piece they were on. This was because the scoring was set big enough to cut them through. I went to the Pepakura site and looked at their little tutorial.
http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/download/help_craftrobo/

It says,"The results would be nice by setting about 0.5mm for Cut Line Segment] and [Uncut Line Segment]." So I set them accordingly. When I did that, the application didn't cut the all of the pieces out (nor did it complete to the eject step.) So... I'll be experimenting with scoring in the next couple of days. My scaled handplate fits on one sheet, so it's no big deal to run a few off to get this figured out.

Last, the cutter cut all the way through the 110 lb. stock with no problem. Even scored the mat a little. I would think that was to be expected.?

Thanks for this thread and the answers along the way. I can't imagine how long it would take to get the details figured out without it.

Oh, and I had no problems with finding register marks. Even have a desk lamp right over the cutter.

When cutting the perferation marks with the Silhouette, after you go to cut, select your craftrobo, go to properties like you would change print settings. Then go to cutline settings. At the bottom you'll see dashed line settings. I set mine to .05 cutline segment, and .125 uncut segment, I haven't had too many problems since making this change! Sometimes the parts break apart but at that point you just have to deal with it. The handplate is by far the worst with all the tiny tabs that need to be cut.

Also you can sharpen your blade before it gets too dull. The method I found useful was make a foil pad by folding a sheet of foil up, pull your cutter assembly out of the housing, and using the pink cap carefully drag it through the foil. This has kept my cutting head slicing and dicing like a champ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back