Complete Pepakura Viewer for CraftROBO guide/FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't printed anything up in landscape yet but I would imagine that if the layout of the PDO file is landscape then you would want to select landscape on the Cameo Controller too. Worst case scenario is that it will cut out your patterns upside down and then you will have your answer and will just have to reprint that one page. So give it a shot and see what happens.

Thanks for all your help Darkside, it's greatly appreciated, I'll give it all a shot when I get home. And from now on I'm going to make sure everything is printed Portrait view, haha.

Just wanted to say I made a portrait facing file and tried it when I got home, after just a bit if playing around getting my distance between the registration marks right, I got it to cut damn near perfect. Slight shifting here or there, but basically talking about on one side of the line versus being on the line itself. So thanks very much Darkside!

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but whever I'm in the Cameo controller I put a checked mark beside registration mark and put the values that everybody suggested here in this forum. But when I press the registration mark reading button I get this message "Please use the position key to move the pen tip within the readable range (green section of the drawing)." I then press the OK button and another message that I get says "Registration reading failed. Please reload the medium.
Code:
. What did I do wrong? Do I have to change the color of my registration mark to green so it can read it?

Sorry I didn't get back on in time to help you out but I am glad you figured it out. Just in case anyone else is reading this and has the same issue. You have to manually mover the cutter blade and position it over the square registration mark which should be located in the upper right corner once you have put the cardstock upside down on the mat. You can move the cutting blade by using the on-screen buttons, by using the keyboard arrows, or by the buttons on the front of the cameo.

I just bought a CAMEO and I was wondering where do I find the controller to use it with that pep viewer 3 program. I just barely have been able to get it to start working as I need but I would love to be able to use it on pep projects. If someone can link me to a download or explain the controller that would be great.(Normally I'd search for a few hours but today I don't have the time.) Any info would be absolutely wonderful though thank you all so much.

Edit: This is the error I am receiving...

Cannot communicate with the Silhouette CAMEO. Check that the USB cable is connected correctly, press the Silhouette CAMEO’s "" switch, and then confirm that its lamp is lit (blue). I do exactly that all the time but it doesn't do a thing...Please help me out.

I just bought a CAMEO and I was wondering where do I find the controller to use it with that pep viewer 3 program. I just barely have been able to get it to start working as I need but I would love to be able to use it on pep projects. If someone can link me to a download or explain the controller that would be great.(Normally I'd search for a few hours but today I don't have the time.) Any info would be absolutely wonderful though thank you all so much.

Edit: This is the error I am receiving...

Cannot communicate with the Silhouette CAMEO. Check that the USB cable is connected correctly, press the Silhouette CAMEO’s "" switch, and then confirm that its lamp is lit (blue). I do exactly that all the time but it doesn't do a thing...Please help me out.

When you click on the cut icon do you see the cameo as an available 'printer'? If so, when you select it there will be a button on the pop-up window that says controller. When you click on that button the controller will open. If this doesn't happen then you missed something when installing the pep viewer for cameo program.

I've tried that many times and I have even uninstalled and re-installed to make sure I got everything correct...I feel kinda dumb for not being able to figure this out.

Yeah it's just the controller that has been giving me an error unfortunately.

(I updated the driver to the cameo and it has randomly started working. Thank you for trying to help me.)

Hmmm. I am not sure what might be causing that problem. Does the cameo work with Silhouette Studio?

(I updated the driver to the cameo and it has randomly started working. Thank you for trying to help me.)

I've tried that many times and I have even uninstalled and re-installed to make sure I got everything correct...I feel kinda dumb for not being able to figure this out.

I wouldn't feel dumb man, why? I have the exact same issue and STILL can't get mine to work. Ill let anyone know if I get a fix for it though...

I just thought I would post this here... it looks like you have to do a little more work for a Windows 7 install of the Cameo to get the driver installed correctly. This may be what some of you have been experiencing. Thanks to FWBulldog (RPF username) for posting this:

http://www.therpf.com/f24/pepakura-viewer-3-silhouette-cameo-145087/#post2272041

Because I haven't had much luck with my Silhouette I've been playing nothing but Skyrim, and as they would say in Skyrim...

Gods be praised.

This worked, the controller actually opens up, and I can actually put my Cameo to use for Pep files now. Thank you so much for your help.

I had recived my cameo just before the forum went down. Thank for the driver info it helped. But then I had to figure out the rest on my own. This vid is the result, sorry for the shaky camera work

Last edited by a moderator:
I am currently constructing MJÖLNIR MK. V _ ODST (WIP Thread). Soon, I’ll be working with a company for a seasonal full-time job that will eventually push my expectations of my Monthly Objectives back. For those who have already used and have meticulous experience with CraftRobo, I just have a couple questions.

Questions:
- Is the Silhouette SD the best recommendation there is when it comes down to cutting speeding and performance?
- Are there any UP-TO-DATE Silhouettes that can ultimately over-match the performance of Silhouette SD? If so, where can I purchase one?

I am currently constructing MJÖLNIR MK. V _ ODST (WIP Thread). Soon, I’ll be working with a company for a seasonal full-time job that will eventually push my expectations of my Monthly Objectives back. For those who have already used and have meticulous experience with CraftRobo, I just have a couple questions.

Questions:
- Is the Silhouette SD the best recommendation there is when it comes down to cutting speeding and performance?
- Are there any UP-TO-DATE Silhouettes that can ultimately over-match the performance of Silhouette SD? If so, where can I purchase one?

Hey there. I hope this may answer some questions for you. I'm not all that experienced when it comes to the craft robo cutters, and I couldn't find a Silhouette SD like you are using. I recently purchased a Silhouette Cameo for use with pepakura. The performance is superb thus far. It was a very easy setup minus Windows 7 not recognizing the Cameo as a printer, but that was an easy fix. Once that was fixed I was off and cutting. I've been experimenting with different things and learned that you have to manually measure your registrations marks and plug those numbers in to make it cut perfectly. Don't just assume that the width margins in the pep viewer for Cameo are correct. Usually the only thing that needs to be changed is the width measurement and only by adding 1mm. Since I did that, everything I've put through it cut right on the line, every time. Also, the Silhouette Cameo doesn't require you to trick your computer into thinking it's cutting A4 paper like described in the beginning of this thread to make it cut out the pieces. You can input letter or whatever you are actually using.

I found that cutting a sheet out with a lot of very fine details (like circles with a lot of tabs) and a lot of pieces on it only took about 2 minutes on the slowest speed setting. Other sheets with larger pieces take a minute or less on the lowest cutting speed setting. I haven't yet figured out how to get the valley and mountain folds to score, because I've done everything the tamasoft website shows to do, but it isn't doing it. However, if all I have to do is score the pieces and not cut them out, I'm happy with it. It will and has saved me tons of time already.

I don't know if this ultimately over matches the SD performance or not, but thought I'd share what I've learned with the Cameo version of the machine so you could be informed. I purchased mine on Amazon and the starter bundle cost $269 plus tax and S&H. I paid for 2 day air and the total came out to be about $320 I think. The starter bundle comes with all the software (minus the viewer you can download from tamasoft for pepakura. . . . and the password you have for the SD version also unlocks the Cameo version), two cutting blades, two 12" x 12" cutting mats, an instructional disc and a Silhouette pick me up pen.

Hope this helps.

I just picked up my Silhouette Cameo last week. I've had a little experience in the field but I work with completely different software and cutter in my field. Usually it's just designing on illustrator, load up some material and let it cut, I'm not tracing like I am here with this cutter.
I've watched as many tutorials I could find but the 1 issue I continue to have remains. I receive an error code 61 when I try to bring up the digital controller onto my laptop to select read registration marks. So it's pretty much telling me i don't have a controller, just the one on the cutter itself.
The cutting is very much out of alignment no matter how i play with it.
Did the software undergo a huge change lately? I've updated all my drivers, and have reinstalled the software several times, still no controller window.

I just picked up my Silhouette Cameo last week. I've had a little experience in the field but I work with completely different software and cutter in my field. Usually it's just designing on illustrator, load up some material and let it cut, I'm not tracing like I am here with this cutter.
I've watched as many tutorials I could find but the 1 issue I continue to have remains. I receive an error code 61 when I try to bring up the digital controller onto my laptop to select read registration marks. So it's pretty much telling me i don't have a controller, just the one on the cutter itself.
The cutting is very much out of alignment no matter how i play with it.
Did the software undergo a huge change lately? I've updated all my drivers, and have reinstalled the software several times, still no controller window.

Do you have windows 7? If so, did you follow these instructions: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...r-for-CraftROBO-guide-FAQ?p=619762#post619762

I also am having this issue. I can't figure out what do do. Tomorrow I may try calling the customer support line and see what they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back