Completed Helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverzippo93

I had another topic for this a while ago, but unfortunately I couldn't find it. I got my helmet done on the 25th, but was too lazy to update.
th_DSCF0088.jpg
th_DSCF0087.jpg
th_DSCF0084.jpg

Not completely smooth, and not very detailed, but I like it.
You can't tell from the pics, but there are 4 superbright LEDs in there.

Silverzippo93 said:
I had another topic for this a while ago, but unfortunately I couldn't find it. I got my helmet done on the 25th, but was too lazy to update.
th_DSCF0088.jpg
th_DSCF0087.jpg
th_DSCF0084.jpg

Not completely smooth, and not very detailed, but I like it.
You can't tell from the pics, but there are 4 superbright LEDs in there.
Looks like a lot of battle damage... How much did it cost to put in the leds? Did you soulder the wires or what? :\... I'm just trying to put on together that works and won't get messed up or zap me... :p

Last edited by a moderator:
LEDs cost me $50 and a burned finger. NEVER touch the soldering iron...

You could get LEDs a lot cheaper, but I got super bright white LEDs, so they cost $5 each instead of $1.

Macattack64 said:
Looks like a lot of battle damage... How much did it cost to put in the leds? Did you soulder the wires or what? :\... I'm just trying to put on together that works and won't get messed up or zap me... :p

Theres an LED tutorial here . Its pinned right up with all of the other amazingly useful stuff.

just a random question.

those things on the bottem of the helmet, is it normal to sand them off a little bit? or is that a sign that the helmet is too small?

i used 26.5 cm and im like 5' 6-9 something....

but yea... o_O or do i just need to stretch it out a little?

im hitching this topic cuz i cant start one. :p

Looks good, I am liking the battle damage, looks like alot of plasma burns :D

Rocknrollcows said:
just a random question.

those things on the bottem of the helmet, is it normal to sand them off a little bit? or is that a sign that the helmet is too small?

i used 26.5 cm and im like 5' 6-9 something....

but yea... o_O or do i just need to stretch it out a little?

im hitching this topic cuz i cant start one. :p

It’s hard to know what you mean by "those things on the bottom of the helmet".... if you mean to say your neck hole is too small... them trim it a bit till your melon fits through the hole... I recommend an surface that is parallel to the ground and be trimmed without greatly effecting the appearance..

Your scale should be fine, if you are an average size human being... large melons and children excluded...

Spase said:
It’s hard to know what you mean by "those things on the bottom of the helmet".... if you mean to say your neck hole is too small... them trim it a bit till your melon fits through the hole... I recommend an surface that is parallel to the ground and be trimmed without greatly effecting the appearance..

Your scale should be fine, if you are an average size human being... large melons and children excluded...

thx :p

and yea... i quess i could be classified under "Children" cuz i am 13.. :(

i might go remake it at 28in

50$ in leds?

Holy Crap dude, are they gold plated? I know the super brights are a bit more but 5$ per? I think you may have over paid a bit my friend.

In all, a good first helmet. Looks like an organic version of the MKVI- as if the flood could infect armor :)

i bought hi-brite white LEDS, four of those, 100 pack of resistors battery clips, switches

for $20

don't buy parts from like radioshack or especially the Source

buy them from parts specializing stores, like SMI electronics...

9v molded batt clips were $0.30 each

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back