Concept Spartans. Your opinions and Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth Knight

CONCEPT SPARTAN DISCUSSION.
What are your opinions?

The question I have is what are your opinions of making your own spartan design (not one of the existing permutations, as long as the armor follows the same aesthetics and flow of one of the mk's in the series?

Below are some of the art that I've found that would be amazing to me if were brought to life, or would be a cool cosplay idea for armor

japanhalo_cod_spartans_evolved_zpsotbyxevq.jpg

JunConcept_Art_zpsaqxe1fos.jpg

reina__armor_studies_by_tekka_croe-d5g9f8b_zpsp9gfvebl.jpg

halo_4__champions_dlc___prefect_armor_concept_by_sbigham-d6sly5i_zpsr8iqt2xc.jpg
(and my personal favorite to the bottom right)
163664_halo4-445_large_verge_super_wide_zpsrwm1hypq.jpg

Also, if you have any original concepts of your own post them below!

I know it's been a while since I've been active, but I thought this would be a cool and creative conversation, let me know what you guys think!

=Seth

japanhalo_cod_spartans_evolved_zpsotbyxevq.jpg

JunConcept_Art_zpsaqxe1fos.jpg

reina__armor_studies_by_tekka_croe-d5g9f8b_zpsp9gfvebl.jpg

halo_4__champions_dlc___prefect_armor_concept_by_sbigham-d6sly5i_zpsr8iqt2xc.jpg

163664_halo4-445_large_verge_super_wide_zpsrwm1hypq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet if somebody made a Prefect armor set IRL, it would look odd. The feet and the knees are what get me, they're too long. I really like the first one, it seems to be a heavier version of an ODST upon first glance. The chest armor plate and the pockets in the front catch the resemblance.

Also, the tanks on the side of the shoulder on the last concept are really cool. I might steal that idea...

I'm still waiting for someone to make the HRUNTING/YGGDRASIL Mark I Prototype Armor Defense System.

latest?cb=20100207012959

Attachments

• latest?cb=20100207012959
    latest?cb=20100207012959
    1.2 MB · Views: 539
Some of these I recognise as a original art, but some of it seems to be fanart. Is that correct?

I really like the last one. I think it would look really awesome brought into reality. I might have to try and create my own in the future!

I definitely liked the 2nd picture posted. Reminds me of Jun, and I like that whole sniper/stealth look going on.

I started working towards some custom armor, but after reading the whole Deployment thread, I think I'm putting it on the back burner.

I like the idea of concept armor and one off designs. It happens a lot in R&D and there's nothing saying it doesn't happen in the Halo universe, especially with how 343i has a bajillion armor permutations being supposedly made by all these companies in game and somehow they're bring tested and used even tho the UNSC is the only group with spartans....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back