Concerts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gearsofhalo

Last night I saw AC/DC! They were soooo amazing. I loved it. they were the definition of perfection up there. I saw them in New York CIty, at Madison Square Garden. That was the best show Ive ever been to......and Ive been to ALOT of shows. Has anyone been to an amazing concert before?

I just saw Nine Inch Nails at Halloween in Nashville. I was down in the pit, center stage, right up on the rail in my riot gear. It was a 'costume' but insanely practical. I was happy and surprised that they let me in. I managed to leave the concert unscathed.

In addition to each musician being hugely talented, their newest visuals are *ground breaking*. They have at least 4 screens that are combinations of projections, light, touch, and motion sensitive.

It is some of the craziest stuff I've ever seen. I also saw them from seats in Knoxville earlier this year. It's nice seeing it from up close and far away...the vantage point has a lot to do with the experience you get.

If you visit Nin.com and then go to their Flickr you can see some shots of their visuals.

I've been to many good concerts, but I'm too lazy to tell.

But I'm totally going to the Aquabats soon. And they're the best band ever, with amazing concerts.

tool, while on lsd at edgefest...yes im a loser and i did lsd, no i dont do it regularly and no you shouldnt do it. now that morals are settled, since i dont go see bands i dont particularly like, pretty much every live show ive seen was awesome. especially bands i actually love, like the hip, sam roberts, smashing pumpkins, the eagles, john fogarty. even nickelback wasnt bad.

My first concert was Alice Cooper in Pompano Beach a few years back, I went only because i had a free ticket and because i didnt feel like going to school that day. Not a bad show, but I know it wasn'anywhere close to Alice's best. No pics

I then saw the Deftones and some otehr super crappy bands, i only went becasue my group of 10 friedns made a pack to skip school and go on a roadtrip...none of us had licenses and we kinda kijacked a van ...that was the only good part of that trip.... i hate the deftones and i REALLLLLLLLy hate the other bands that i cant remember the names to.

Ozzfest 07 Holmdel, NJ

Stuck around to watch Behemoth, Cthonic, Lamb of God... the rest of the bands were hardly "metal" but i joined into any mosh pit that sprung up... surprisingly Devil Driver had a really great mosh pit goin on, Kudos to them, since they arnt actually "metal".

Behemoth and me (Thats what 6 hours of moshing makes you look like >.<) I got to hangout iwth them for awhile as VIP because of the tattoo i have on my back... it's the cover art from their Demigod album. Hell yeah.
96150017.jpg

Seth from Behemoth (I love this freakin picture)
SethBlood.jpg

Lamb of God, wish i had a better effin camera :cautious:
96150010.jpg

Then I saw Dimmu Borgir and Behemoth at the Culture Room in Ft. Lauderdale April 30th, 08

Dimmu Borgir (I got this picture from my friend Kathy.... my camera decided to not work)
m_c44133ecfb28494d9c04d187d615d842.jpg

Behemoth (I think Seth's sexiness made my camera die :D)
397712-R1-039-18_008.jpg

Then I saw Opeth at Revolution Live.... no pics but i have a reallly bad quality video that i took with my cellphone....i'll spare you the the crappiness.

Then i saw Opeth again (they are my favorite band, and Mikael is my God) on Oct. 20th. I got to chill with Mikael for a tad after the concert but then i had to leave to drive 4 hours back home. (made it home at 4:30am and had to be at work at 7am.... thats how I do lol). All pics thanks to Kathy and Rachel

God
l_c26d1abde91a448bb6f68d8c2a430636.jpg

Opeth
l_5df81c2293ae457aad0c5206e2de7aee.jpg

l_e29fe03e942444fa8261c2fa73365305.jpg

i've persoanlly never been too one (i wasnt allowed to go to taste of chaos D: or see AILD cause they were playing at a bar and im too young) but i hear that tampa/orlando area where i live has the craziest freaking shows ever.

taste of chaos had free rockstar energy drinks too witch also made me D:

i just went to the Silverstein/Chiodos concert w/ Alesana, A Skylit Drive, Escape the Fate last monday, and it was amazing!!! i got to go crowdsurfing, woot. I also saw A7X and Bullet for My Valentine at Taste of Chaos in April, and saw Silverstein, switchfoot, redjumpsuitapparatus, emory and others the year before... whoo, lots of concerts. (y)

Went to the AILD concert that was around here, that was pretty awesome. When I was being let down from a crowd surf, the way I was positioned made me do a backflip and kick someone in the head. It was freakin' sweet.

Also went to the Mayhem Festival kickoff, that was cooler than anything. I missed 5FDP, which sucked, but Disturbed and Slipknot were totally awesome.

Next Tuesday I'm gonna go to an In Flames concert, and All That Remains will be playing too! I'm psyched for that.

I saw Relient K. I didn't enjoy that one to much.
But I did go to Rain The Beatles Experience. That was freckin awesome.

Yeah I don't like music that much. Haha, I know I'm weird. :D

Dreadnought of Fury said:

I worked during that concert back in Jul 27, 2006, I was in the pit for the second half of the concert.
Before that I went to the
More Friends—Music from FINAL FANTASY,
May 16, 2005 — Los Angeles, California, USA at Universal Amphitheatre.

Rush—Snakes and Arrows

Eminence Concert,
July 22, 2007 — Baltimore, Maryland, USA at the Baltimore Convention Center.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't been to a concert in years. I've seen REO Speedwagon, Hank Williams Jr., Reba McEntire, George Strait, Clint Black, Jimmy Buffet, AC/DC, Def Lepard, Johnny Paycheck, and Molly Hatchet.

Ack! My boyfriend is really into AC/DC! I don't get what the hype is all bout to be honest XD

I would personally love to go and see Linkin Park or Snow Patrol live...doubt that will ever happen!

went to Mayhem Fest in Camden in August, saw Slipknot, Disturbed, Dragonforce, MASTODON!!! and a whole bunch of other bands.

then i went to see Five Finger Death Punch at the Trocadero in Philly a few weeks ago, saw Another Black Day, In This Moment, Bury Your Dead along with them, i was in the front row, pretty sweet (I high fived BYD's singer)

just wait, I'll be in concerts with my band soon enough. The only grind band in Aston (haha i hate this town)

only major shows i have been to was CKY... 6 times, 3 of them were back to back. was the greatest first week of school, i missed the whole week.

i go to tons of local shows, no name crappy bands... but they are always a fun time.

DreadMullet said:
only major shows i have been to was CKY... 6 times, 3 of them were back to back. was the greatest first week of school, i missed the whole week.

i go to tons of local shows, no name crappy bands... but they are always a fun time.
heh reminds me of when my aunt went to bar a long while ago with her freind and saw a "no name band", they turned out to be todays band called three days grace.

Last edited by a moderator:
yea... i actually went to a fall out boy show along time ago... i walked out of the show laughing, and here it was a couple years later and they are huge...

i give them a chance but all the local bands jump on a bandwagon, and 99% suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.