Contact Dermatitis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bunch of odd welts on my elbows. I think it's an allergic reaction, but my brothher thinks it's contact dermatitis. Contact Dermatitis is caused by chemical poisoning. Here is a list of chemicals I have used over the past few weeks:

• Lots of rubber cement
  • Plasti-wood
  • epoxy resin
  • J-B weld
I have also been taking azithromycin for bacterial pneumonia.

Please Help!

just a heads up, this is a prop/costume making forum not webMD lol

do yourself a favor and go seek a real doctor not advice from unqualified people online.

All I can say is the skin can be sensitive to many things and in the future you should take better precautions to cover up if you don't already. Things like wearing a long sleeve work shirt with rubber gloves or possibly a painters type of coveralls to protect your skin while working with chemicals helps to prevent direct chemical contact with the skin and could possibly prevent future trips to the doctor. I know how you feel I contracted a type of Dermatitis through an allergy and it ain't no joke but just remember safety first especially when working with chemicals and just be sure to take whatever precautions are necessary when doing so.

I agrees with jackace, however if they are hives you have the same issue i had. Just take an allergy pill and avoid the contact for a few day. You can avoid this again by just covering up when working with the hemicals, like the resin. As i said, its caused me to break out as well. But take a few days break from and wear better protection next time ( i.e. long sleeves, gloves and a mask)

I have a bunch of odd welts on my elbows. I think it's an allergic reaction, but my brothher thinks it's contact dermatitis. Contact Dermatitis is caused by chemical poisoning. Here is a list of chemicals I have used over the past few weeks:

I have also been taking azithromycin for bacterial pneumonia.

Please Help!

Actually, to clarify, your definition for contact dermititis is only half correct. Contact Dermititis is doctor speak for "something got on your skin and now you have a rash." It is not chemical specific. Think poison ivy, having a cat rub on you (when you're allergic), or using the wrong soap. Exposure to various chemical toxins can be the culprit, but if you are truly worried about it, I would discuss allergy panels if the problem doesn't go away. I get the same thing if I use certain deodarants or shampoos, so I fully sympathize with your suffering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back