Conventions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am looking into conventions I could go to around Ohio. It looks like I'm going to go to VGXPO in Philly. So I was wondering if any one is planing on going there... or is there another convention you plan to go to?

Oh yea I think I'm down for Dragoncon as well..

Evil Femle said:
So I am looking into conventions I could go to around Ohio. It looks like I'm going to go to VGXPO in Philly. So I was wondering if any one is planing on going there... or is there another convention you plan to go to?

Oh yea I think I'm down for Dragoncon as well..

I mainly stick close to home here in Florida. There's FX and MegaCon down here in Orlando, and then the big one Dragon*Con. That's pretty much my con trips every year. Dragon*Con in itself would pretty much be enough but sometimes you get lucky and have some rare guests at the smaller cons.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm def going to Adventure Con this saturday.

I'd *like* to go to Dragon Con but it's extremely close to my wedding day. It really depends how masochistic I am about driving >_>.

I do a lot of video game costuming, so I tend to hit up:

- Ohayocon (Columbus in January every year)
- Katsucon (Washington DC)
- Tekkoshocon (Pittsburgh)
- Otakon (Baltimore)
- Youmacon (Troy, Michigan)
- Perhaps Dragon-Con...gas needs to go down first though...

Granted those are all anime cons, Halo stuff is always welcomed.

All I'm really going to is Dragon*Con, and that's gonna cost me a pretty penny, so I can't afford anything else. T_T Oh well

4ng31 said:
I do a lot of video game costuming, so I tend to hit up:

- Ohayocon (Columbus in January every year)
- Katsucon (Washington DC)
- Tekkoshocon (Pittsburgh)
- Otakon (Baltimore)
- Youmacon (Troy, Michigan)
- Perhaps Dragon-Con...gas needs to go down first though...

Granted those are all anime cons, Halo stuff is always welcomed.

I love Ohayocon. I have already finished a Cosplay for it ;).

Evil Femle said:
[...]Ohayocon.[...]
Hmm, I might have to go to that. ;)

D*Con '09 for me too, I'd go this year...but my armor will be far from done by that time.

well the different events i go to are

Video Games Live

Oni-Con in Houston

A-Kon in Dallas

will try to go to San Japan in San Antonio

most likely Dragon Con

Games Day (a games workshop hobby event)

will try for anime expo next year

but yeah these are some of them

I LOVED Otakon last year, as it was my first con. But fortunately for me, I can go again this year as the Chief, all thanks to the 405th!

Ixius

Evil Femle said:
I love Ohayocon. I have already finished a Cosplay for it ;).

Sounds good...I'll be there next year, although I'll be rocking a seriously epic MGS4 costume (Laughing Octopus...google it when you get the chance :p)

Ixius said:
I LOVED Otakon last year, as it was my first con. But fortunately for me, I can go again this year as the Chief, all thanks to the 405th!

Ixius

I'll be there this year as well...hope to see you...if you see a Lucario or Psycho Mantis wondering around...that'll be me...say hi or something...lol.

Hey the comic con is going around i think,but it might only be i San Diego....I dont think this helps uch. oh well
July 22-27 20$ -25$ San Diego California

In just Ohio you have:

Ohayocon (Columbus, January)
Animation and Gaming Ohio (Cincinnati, March)
MARCON (Columbus, Memorial Day Weekend)
Origins Game Fair (Columbus, July I think?)
Mid Ohio Con (Columbus, October or November)
Screaming TikiCon (Cleveland, October)

And those are just the Larger scale conventions, and the smaller ones (A&G) that I could remember off the top of my head.

(*Edit, dang it, didn't realize this was necroposted back up, oops*)

Cadet said:
[...]

(*Edit, dang it, didn't realize this was necroposted back up, oops*)

Not your fault, dude. You were just replying to something you thought was current :cool:

@ EvilDorito: I know you're still pretty new here and so maybe don't know all the forum guidelines yet, but this is what we call a "necro" post, and is considered a big no-no by the Admin/Mod group.

The last post here was back in June '08, making this almost a year old.

For the love of MC and all that is HALO, please note the date and time of the last post in any thread you view. If you see there's been more than 30 days inactivity on it (definately the case here), chances are you shouldn't post in it.

Continued necro-posting can result in temporary suspension or banning. So, try not to get the Bamhammer brought down on your head.

Just a friendly FYI, dude ;)

Enrisan said:
I'm going to San Diego Comic Con, I'm so excited!

Awesome! Hope you have fun, buddy. Take some pics to show the rest of us after :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back