itl be fiberglassed later this week

-slyfo's helm
-F/s torso with belakors chest plate
-crackheads plate with robo's shoulder
*left one coming soon*

its only temporarily taped together to kinda hold it in place
what you guys think so far?

ty' ^^
im i know i want to keep the blacks and blues as that one but i dont no about the brown, im trying to get it completely finished before haloween but i keep running into speed bumps

ill prolly have more peices posted later today/tommorow ^^

dude are you going to try and get that done by dragon con? or for the next megacon?

def. megacon i cant go to DCon cause of now alot of reasons im hopeing to though go to that anime supercon or w/e it is in nov.? that rose was talkin bout but my deadline is the week before haloween i have more pieces done, a right boot and a forearm but im just too lazy to get pics up of em and everyones seen those :p lol my groin piece im debateing on redoing or not cause i did it my old way, with elec. tape ill prolly not re do it but it depends if it fits it should though

the other thing i plan on doing, i discussed with Mac and a few others was replace the knife with a real dulled out out keeping the sheath or just make a real blade or something along those lines

more stuff to come soon pplz!

ps- yes i know i look depressed in my armour lol ive been sick, and ive been tired as hell lately ><

im making one of these, ill have the pictures up in a day or two i hope. i was wondering 1:if you adjusted the scale or if you left it the same? and 2: was the scale for the mark iv chest part the same as the cqb part you attached to it? looks great btw (y)

hognoshal said:
im making one of these, ill have the pictures up in a day or two i hope. i was wondering 1:if you adjusted the scale or if you left it the same? and 2: was the scale for the mark iv chest part the same as the cqb part you attached to it? looks great btw (y)
i got lucky and i didnt have to adjust the scale of my TORSO piece but my chest plate i did.

im 5'6'' and flying squirrels torso fit just like a glove, i do plan on loosing a lil weight so it looks alot better plus i need to anyways :p

all it is, is a 6 torso with the CQB plate fitted over it, you kinda have to look at a pic of one and kinda estimate wear it starts and ends, i think mines about 13 inch tall ish from top to bottom somewhere around there.

the way ill usually do it is 1 of 2 ways
1- take a measuring tape and measure out wear the peices go in inches then convert it into centemeters then build,
or 2- just build it as is without rescaling then go from there

the parts i havnt needed to rescale are only the Torso and helmet, but so far everything else has needed to be. later tommorow ill have some more peices up, good luck on your CQB build ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks man, iv done the chestplate and shoulders, and im about to start the torso piece. then ill post pics. cant wait to see how you armor turns out

dont know if anyone above me's said anything, but before you get very far on the helmet, i strongly suggest making the wetokole version of it. ive built both versions of it and the wetakole version is WAY easier to bondo in the end. It is a major pain trying to bondo out the polygons on the slyfo verson, no offence to slyfo, but it is much easier to use.

sweet thanks for the help l3x ^^

well quick update nothin really to say, ive got one of Crackheads HD shins done and the other about halfway done and my backhalf of the torso is drying with the chestplate too from being fiberglassed

ill hopefully have the torso and chestplate completely fiberglassed today so more to come later :p

red

-i tried putting together wet's helm and had massive amount of trouble with the curves and it came out very lopsided 2 times so i abandond it, i decided to stick with slyfo's
-the helm. is still drying in the garage with fiberglass 'i have a light sitting over it roasting the what few resin is still wet from yesterday- i used the mat i think it is? the weaved one wear you need alot of resin i think i used to much but its almost hard
-ones thats dried ill take some pics

bumpage ish yes i am going to get a real knife and sheath for it, and i also plan on maken a pepblade for the fake handle for when i go to cons that i can switch out, in a lil ill have pics of more things i have done so far ^^

scratch that nvm my camera doesnt like me as of right now

actually the good thing about this t/s, i got the whole garage to myself ^^ i should have fiberglassed EVERYTHING i had done at the time, but only did the torso/chestplate and a lil of the helmet. so i can bondo to my hearts desire at the moment lol. plus i can also work on my weapons wich are almost done to, sept small parts on the sniper rifle
hopefully if i can get my camera working ill have some pics up

but hey some other positives out of this are, i might finally get a job since ive been just sitting here on job search websites sending my resume in, lakes are actually filling up so i can go fishin, and i might even catch somethin this weekend in symernia since the storm is primarily over that area :D

off to get another tub of bondo and some lucky charms tho buahaha

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg

IMG_0568.jpg

theres my update for tday

i know double post, nothing is working right in my house right now, were getting alot of random powerglitches from transformers blowing up. one even caused a red ring on my xbox ==.== i dont no if its going to cause a maj. failure thoug. enjoi! once this storm passes 1 final layer of fiberglass is in on it and then the detailing on the back half and its complete

i wouldnt worry about the xbox it gets a red ring from just a surge then itll be fine. glad to see you can work right know for me all i have left to do is finish the cod and torso niether of which i can work on because of this damn storm once it blows through i can finish in 2 days at the most. i swear murphys law..

well i can only work from as soon as i wake up, to about 3ish but hey, that 5 hours is still work ^^
the way im lookin at it right now is, during this storm i can bondo and sand till my hearts disire in an open garage, then when my parents come home i can just do pepwork wich all i got left right now is your cod piece thighs and another shoulderplate, the HD Boots and forearms, but by then this storm will have been long gone and my whole torso will be complete and my helmet should just about be done with more peices being glassed. i think im about on schedual...
isnt florida the greatest? lol i just love these storms :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back