CQB helemt

Status
Not open for further replies.

GalaxySailor

This is what I did to one of Sigma's CQB helmets. Just got it the other day. Cut out the visor area, did a lot of sanding but no fill. Some bondo to fill some thin areas, cleaned out all the lines, trimmed excess resin. Three coats of Krylon Fusion satin black and three coats of Krylon spruce green (to match my Sean Bradley helmet paint scheme).

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

Looking great! Just needs an Icon visor and that will be a finely finished helm. Can we get some comparison shots next to Sean's.

BTW- I'll get those beltpack pics for you soon.

Very nice paintjob on the CQB! Also, nice helmet sigma, since you are the one who made the casts.

It is a nice helmet, I am jealous you got yours painted before I got mine painted. Nice job to the both of you, painter and creator.

UNSC Certified said:
Rust oleum paints work great as well!! Awesome job! I WANT IT!! hehe

Dupli-color would probably work well, too. At least, that's been my experience with many things prop-related. Sweet job on that helmet, dude. Really makes me wish I had one for myself, heh. I can't wait to see what you do for the visor! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good. I was starting mine soon. Looking at it for the side I see a HALO 2 ODST helm as the bass. What do you think

It could of used a little more sanding to make it look smoother, unless your going for a battle damaged look. Other then that I like your choice of colors for it, its nice to see some people who use other colors then MC green lol, great job so far, cant wait to see it with a visor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back