crackhead09's Fiberglassing Tutorial

Discussion in 'Halo Costumes and Armor' started by crackhead09, Apr 26, 2008.

1. zeldasaver

zeldasaver Jr Member

great tutorial. the background music was a little unnecessary and made it difficult to hear at times. also the shaky camera seemed to be very off-putting. but thanks for the info! this is my first time applying resin to pep and there's alot to learn

2. machomike22

machomike22 New Member

wait does the resin make the fiberglass not itchy?

3. ventrue

ventrue Well-Known Member

Not sure what you mean exactly.

Fibreglass as such isn't itchy, only small fibreglass particles that may break off are itchy. Once it's encased in resin, nothing can break off, obviously - unless the piece completely breaks.

4. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Jr Member

Hey crackhead, im new to this, in fact, im getting my pep papers printed tommorow! im going to be making a recon helmet. . Good first build or nah. . ? Anyway, only time will tell eh? So, i was wondering, i saw you put those fiberglass mats inside, but only resining the outside. Could you explain please? Also, i see that people also put putty on top of the reson to smooth it and to make it sturdier. How many layers of resin and putty would you reccommend for something that should be able to take a BB? (just an enquiery :rolleyes) Also, about the visors, how do i even make that? o_O Sorry if i bother you. Hope you have a great day!
    Cheers!

5. BroodierGoose1

BroodierGoose1 New Member

Nice Tutorial. Thanks.

6. Haloking

Haloking Guest

where is a good place to find some good aqua resin?

7. Haloking

Haloking Guest

where do you find some aqua resin and fiberglass

8. bbllfreek

bbllfreek

Can anyone explain the difference in resin before or after fiberglassing? what are the positives and negatives? i will be attempting my first pep Mark VI soon and am looking for any tips.