crackhead09's Fiberglassing Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
great tutorial. the background music was a little unnecessary and made it difficult to hear at times. also the shaky camera seemed to be very off-putting. but thanks for the info! this is my first time applying resin to pep and there's alot to learn

wait does the resin make the fiberglass not itchy?

Not sure what you mean exactly.

Fibreglass as such isn't itchy, only small fibreglass particles that may break off are itchy. Once it's encased in resin, nothing can break off, obviously - unless the piece completely breaks.

Hey crackhead, im new to this, in fact, im getting my pep papers printed tommorow! im going to be making a recon helmet. . Good first build or nah. . ? Anyway, only time will tell eh? So, i was wondering, i saw you put those fiberglass mats inside, but only resining the outside. Could you explain please? Also, i see that people also put putty on top of the reson to smooth it and to make it sturdier. How many layers of resin and putty would you reccommend for something that should be able to take a BB? (just an enquiery :rolleyes) Also, about the visors, how do i even make that? o_O Sorry if i bother you. Hope you have a great day!
Cheers!

Can anyone explain the difference in resin before or after fiberglassing? what are the positives and negatives? i will be attempting my first pep Mark VI soon and am looking for any tips.

Hate to add to an old thread about fiberglassing but look up TM 1-1500-204-23-11 this is the Army's manual for advanced composite repair and manufacturing for aircraft component. My company's composites team helped come up with these processes. Use this as a guide as help and you'll be able to make composite creation strong enough to take a real beating as well as ways to patch any damages that may have occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back