crackhead09's Pepakura Tutorial

Discussion in 'Halo Costumes and Armor' started by crackhead09, Apr 15, 2008.

1. SnootyColt

SnootyColt New Member

How do you get pep files from this site o_O

2. luckyguy916

luckyguy916 New Member

nice .. u help me out alot :not worthy:

3. RELLIK NISSASSA

RELLIK NISSASSA Jr Member

Much is desired here.

We need better lighting, more preparation for a better video, and just continue to practice making tuts.

You'll get better.

4. Crazy AwesomeST1

Crazy AwesomeST1 New Member

What song is this; it's awesome!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2017
  5. Black Bandit XX

Black Bandit XX New Member

Thanks for the vid, I think it's great to actually see it done!

6. KainKnine

KainKnine New Member

Nice So is it best to cut out all the first? also i am really new to this whats easier to make odst or Halo Armour? i cant decide witch one it did help but i keep getting confused with valley and mountin folds?

7. GodlyCheeze

GodlyCheeze New Member

Thanks for the tutorial crackhead :D It definately helped watching someone actually doing it.

The only crit I have is the lighting, and also it didn't focus well in some areas so it was hard to see what you were doing.

Thanks again!

8. Ghost147

Ghost147 Well-Known Member

great work, it's helping me already! :D although i would light up the place a bit better next time ;)

9. kimi cat76

kimi cat76 New Member

whats the best place to start? the bottom, top, sides? OH! and i was wondering... has anyone ever thought of using paper mache for this?

10. Spartanchic

Spartanchic New Member

I'm pretty new to all the halo armor making ..but i'm not new to making cosplay.... :) i love you method...i was wondering were i can find the blue prints for the armor in general..>.>..i've been searching for a while now but every file i save can be read on my computer..o_O its weird...anways...I have Pepaku downloaded...a little help please..T.T

I have the masterchief helmet.. i was wondering if there is a Hayabusa one...me and some friends are trying to go to a con all in our halo armor...i also need a link for the rest of the armor...T.T i just has the helmet so far

11. ryancap97

ryancap97 New Member

Hey nice video and tutorial there were a few flaws though

1.You should have sped up the fast forward process

2.You should show all the methods of making halo helmets

12. Joshalots

Joshalots New Member

Okay I made my paper model but it looks too big

it looks like fat ass helmet

its 17 inches in length

all that work to get a crap sized helmet

13. THE DARK EAGEL

THE DARK EAGEL New Member

what would you advise as the first weapon i should make.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2017
  14. pelletierm8

pelletierm8 New Member

can we use hot glue for gluing the part??? because i really hate the white glue.

nice vid help me a lot :)

15. jake11124

jake11124 Jr Member

Thanks for taking the time to make this. It helps a lot more than text tutorials, even the picture heavy ones. Thanks again.

16. noblevi

noblevi New Member

i just want blueprints

17. Roadkiller

Roadkiller Well-Known Member

Running through the boards just shouting that you want "blueprints" will not go over well with the administrators once they catch on.

There are NO blueprints. There are Pepakura files that will need specific software and manipulaion (scaling) in order for you to use them to make a costume.

Again, as I told you after some of your posts in the NOOB section - read EVERYTHING in this thread: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/30542-NOOB-reading-list

18. rob234ski

rob234ski New Member

Yes I got help from this.Thanks buddy!!!

19. KansasScout

KansasScout New Member

I don't know why one would think 30 mm is light for armor if it's body armor, now if its ship or vehicle armor that's another story. In fact if you look at modern plate carrier vests both ballistic and non-ballistic they are less than 30 mm. That's even with a trauma plate inserted. For a space ship that's too thin. It wouldn't stop a fast moving micrometeorite let alone a coil gun or rail gun round.

20. KansasScout

KansasScout New Member

Ok there seems to be some spam in this thread. Where do I find the armor making instructions now?