CraftROBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hee hee :) I just sent an email to the PA at work saying we need to get one... And they are taking it seriously. :) Hopefully we'll get one :p

Ral Partha said:
The makers of Pepakura has a program designed for CraftRobo but unfortunately, it only supports A4-sized papers. That's a deal-breaker for me. :cautious:
Yup. I almost bought one, thankfully I realized A4 only. :Sigh:

Last edited by a moderator:
They have a YouTube Channel, for those interested in the details.

EDIT: It "auto finds" registration marks. I bet it'll do Letter cardstock, no problem.

Cut any sheet up to 11" wide and 39" long!

EDIT2: Okay, so nothing is mentioned about Letter. I still think it might work. If not, Vrogy is right. A4 paper isn't that hard to get a hold of.

colmon_9 said:
I guess it doesnt have a problem with flying squirrels. lol

flyingsquirrel.jpg
ZOMG!! WANT!!:lol:

any word on wether it does the creases too or would you have to do em urself? love to put one of these through its paces: 'super duper hd chest'. XD

Vrogy said:
Actually, since a4 is larger than letter, it'd be easy to adapt letter-unfolded pdos... and if you order a special printer, why not bulk-order a bunch of special paper, too?
I looked into getting A4 cardstock when I first got into pepakura last year but none of the half dozen sellers I came across carry that size, which I found surprising. My only other option was to order overseas but the shipping cost would have been prohibitive.

I'm gonna try and search again for that cardstock size and if find a source, I'm going to seriously consider getting a CraftRobo.

Ral Partha said:
I looked into getting A4 cardstock when I first got into pepakura last year but none of the half dozen sellers I came across carry that size, which I found surprising. My only other option was to order overseas but the shipping cost would have been prohibitive.

I'm gonna try and search again for that cardstock size and if find a source, I'm going to seriously consider getting a CraftRobo.
thats strange, A4 is the norm over here, you have letter...
what do you call the other paper sizes?
(A1, A2, A3, A4, A5)
edit: cheapo!
item number: 290218311119

colmon_9 said:
I guess it doesnt have a problem with flying squirrels. lol

flyingsquirrel.jpg

LOL, hmm... do i see a correlation? LOL

Yeah, i would love one of those machines, how much does one cost?
I'll have to search, but if it's reasonable, for my purposes, it is fantastic!
No more wasted time cutting!!!!

I digress

-Justin

I have a craftrobo and Pepakura Viewer2 for CraftROBO and it works great
As for the folds it makes doted cuts for one fold type and dashes for the other, which makes it easy to fold, or you could change the cut styles to what ever suits you

Blades are expensive but they do last along time

I have made all my Pep stuff with my craftrobo two helmet HD Chest armour and some other bits
i like putting it together rather than cutting out

not a bad investment for me anyway
got it to cut vinyl stickers / maskings originally i have had it for a few years now
i think they have a new version out now

Scotty said:
As for the folds it makes doted cuts for one fold type and dashes for the other, which makes it easy to fold, or you could change the cut styles to what ever suits you

Blades are expensive but they do last along time

I have made all my Pep stuff with my craftrobo two helmet HD Chest armour and some other bits
i like putting it together rather than cutting out

not a bad investment for me anyway
got it to cut vinyl stickers / maskings originally i have had it for a few years now
i think they have a new version out now

I think a few people here have used them by now, there's just not a lot of pictures of them in use.

We demand...a shrubbery!

No wait, I meant we humbly ask for pictures of a forum-member using a Craft Robo. Adam? Did you figure out how to use yours yet?

Scotty said:

I KNEW it had to do some kind of scoring.

I think a supplier of precut/scored Pep sheets on this forum could make a lot of people happy.

Good idea, Nicktendo. I had recently toyed with the idea if I could get the funds for the printer. I have to wonder...what would be the legalities behind selling paper printouts?

If you want to sell precut sheets, you should ask for the people who made the files and maybe to the people who unfolded them.

o_O I posted this a long time ago, but as I guessed no one looked at it :cautious:
(to stay in the spirit of my saying on the bottom of every one of my posts)

Found a review in German and the guy who wrote it sounded very satisfied with the results. The distance between the printed line and the cut was under 1mm. Even the folds were precut for easier folding. Well... I want one since cutting out all parts of the ODST helmet was really a long taking job (not counting my hotglue massacre on it, that forces me to make another one :rolleyes ).

That's a 95% ordering by the end of April :D

Nicktendo said:
I KNEW it had to do some kind of scoring.

I think a supplier of precut/scored Pep sheets on this forum could make a lot of people happy.

Yeeees! Get someone (important) to have the official 405th craft ROBO. Then make it so you must pay about $10.00 if you are going to use it. Then pay like $0.05 for every sheet printed. Yeah, and get some 'official' application and agreement forms just to make us seem cool... or not. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back