Crossfires Pep Helm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I think I'll be doing this soon with my new helmet. Looks very sharp and seems much more feasible than Fiberglass/Resin.

Excellent work!

Does the liner sand very well. Im gunna do this but i was wondering if sanding it will take the bumps down at all or ill just be wasting my time

Nice helm Crossfire! im currently sanding/ reglassing my FS helm and i ntend to use this method, still need to post picks, any ways ,yours looks amazing!, just have a few question.'

1)same as Stanvo, does the truck bed liner sand easily?

2)and is the putty/ bodyfiller able to be handeled with bare hands or is it meant to be coated on with a brush?

thanks!

-Slvr

the truck bed liner is easy to sand. if you dont want such a rough texture spray multiple light coats.

And the spot putty needs to be applied using plastic spreaders. You can buy them at walmart right next to the putty.

Crossfire said:
o ya. This weekend im planning on going out a buying some more padding and a visor

Great job on the helmet! Have you started any other armor pieces?

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a chest peice a while back ago, but i rushed it in time for Halloween. It has cardboard already glued to the inside.
I'm planning on going back and filling the cardboard w/ hot glue, and spraying the outside and maybe inside w/ the truck liner.

I bought a gold iridium Visor today. The shop didnt have two and I also dont have a dremel so im going to do the double visor the cheap way. Gold reflective paper.
IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

I haven't glued it on yet but I'm planning on using epoxy. any other gluing suggestions?

Looks sweet crossfire, Id use eihter epoxy or hot glue. Epoxy sounds better if you have some on hand though.

Ive almost finished. I glued the visor in with epoxy and cut and glued in cheek vents
finished04.jpg

finished01.jpg

finished02.jpg

finished03.jpg

Now I just need to go back with a small brush and touch up some areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back