Crough jumping, armor mod override, vehicle launching, and many more! (In-Game tutorial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXDashIVXx

Sr Member
I will change the title of this once I understand this thread is ok and I didn't do something I wasnt supposed to, and this may be removed all together. Either way I'm fine with it.

Sooo... this new thread is (assumingly) about tutorials for things to do in game. I will update this every day or so because there are alot of topics and dont want to spend hours doing them all at once.

This thread will be going over different techniques you can use in halos to basically break their mechanics to exploit maps and physics and stuff. Most of these things wont get you banned, as they just increase your mobility and ability to jump higher or get to places faster, but try not to go under maps and things :)

I will be starting with techniques in halo 5, as it is the most recent game and this is the only game you should be playing and there is groundpound and stabalize and more fun things to do and it's fun and fight me and locke and mcc is bad and...

(Some of these techniques can be used in other halos and if you want to skip ahead, look at the hidden reach YouTube channel. I will be using most of there videos as a reference.)

The first one in this guide is turret launching. Basically you can use a grenade to flip a turret over, and if you crouch jump into the middle, and then melee the front orange foot of the turret, you will be blasting off again with team rocket. It likes to try and right itself whenever loved and touched, so it is hard to get onto the turret sometimes, so I found it easier to jump (in place when standing next to the turret and not over it) and clamber onto it on your way down.

Here is the video

Hey xXDashIVXx - yeah likely not the best name for this section. Frankly, I didn't know that anyone could start a thread in it so I didn't think to say anything about it just yet....hahahaha This is intended for costuming tutorials but we do need to find a home for this thread because I think people could find it handy! We'll leave it here for the time being - go ahead and change the name - and then we'll figure out a logic spot for it!

Hey xXDashIVXx - yeah likely not the best name for this section. Frankly, I didn't know that anyone could start a thread in it so I didn't think to say anything about it just yet....hahahaha This is intended for costuming tutorials but we do need to find a home for this thread because I think people could find it handy! We'll leave it here for the time being - go ahead and change the name - and then we'll figure out a logic spot for it!

A new forum section dedicated to tutorials!
giphy.gif

How can we help?

Well I just figured it seems like every post is a tutorial on it's own science so sorry for the assumption :)

xXDashIVXx Nothing at all to apologize for! In the end, it might stay here. As I said, I intended this to be an area for all costuming/prop tutorials as they are either getting buried OR are burying current posts. But there certainly are a lot of other Halo related things that could use tutorials! Believe me when I say, your post is welcomed, especially for a errrrrm less skilled gamer like myself. I just want to make sure it ends up in a place, whether here or elsewhere, that is findable!

Seems like it could go nicely in the Halo Online Gaming subforum. :)

Also, a note on the costume tutorial subforum FANGS - I do monitor new tutorials and old tutorials. Once more than two people have commented in the tutorial saying it helped them or that it was well written I then update the tutorial index.

Haha, I said this was going to be daily and I already missed one, the day after I made this thread too!

This post is on groundpounding. This short video covers using another player groundpounding just before you start charging yours to send you up into the air, but this method can be used with another player meleeing you, a grenade, or even a man cannon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back