Custom Mandalorian helm paintjob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weslicon

Jr Member
Hey everyone! I didn't post a full WIP thread for this helmet, just wanted to share the detailing phase (The fun stuff :D) I made this custom Mando helm the standard way, using pepakura, resin, fiberglass, bondo, spot putty, primer, and now...

MANDALORIAN001.jpg

Here it is primed and partially masked off for the first coat of paint.

I took extra special care to get the details good.

MANDALORIAN002.jpg

Here's the awesome first coat of paint:

MANDALORIAN004.jpg

That red turned out much better than I expected and I think it looks pretty great! Right now it reminds me vaguely of spider man...

I'm probably going to have it finished today. either way I'll have pictures posted! Stay tuned for the final product! :)

Ha ha, reminds me of the paint job I'm gonna give my buy'ce (when I finish it :p ) Pretty sweet stuff there, hope it turns out!

Love how smooth it looks with the red on. Looks like your worked your arse off with the sanding. nice job ^_^

Haha! Thanks! I expected a glossy look, but I was pleasently surprised when it turned out practically reflective! I did sand it quite a bit, but I purposely left a few dings and scratches here and there that I'm going to fill in with silver for that "been through battle" look. :)

I got it from -here-, but for some reason, as of now, the files are missing. I found it the obvious way by typing "Star wars pepakura" into google. I didn't actually look for files on the 405th.

I got it from -here-, but for some reason, as of now, the files are missing. I found it the obvious way by typing "Star wars pepakura" into google. I didn't actually look for files on the 405th.

I know the owners of the site. They took their stuff down because they got tired of people being lazy and just asking for the files rather then just looking.

On a side note. Your helmet looks goofy. The dome is pointed, It should be rounded off. If your are trying to get into the mecrs club, i can tell you right now they wont like that.

I know the owners of the site. They took their stuff down because they got tired of people being lazy and just asking for the files rather then just looking.

On a side note. Your helmet looks goofy. The dome is pointed, It should be rounded off. If your are trying to get into the mecrs club, i can tell you right now they wont like that.

It is a tad goofy on the top. The main reason for that is the hundreds of little pointy shapes you have to fold together for that particular pepakura model. It was a pain. Next time I will either use a different file or improvise for the top. I've never heard of the Merc club, just wanted to make this for fun! :)

P.s. It would be awesome if you could share a different Mandalorian helmet file here!

Heres a link to the club: www.mandalorianmercs.com

I know what you mean with the file. Iv made several of them. You just got to make them curve as you glue down the numbers one by one. I dont know of any other files out there. You could always try to redo the unfold on the dome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back