Custom MEGA Bloks collaboration

PerniciousDuke

RCO & BCO
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S128
I wanted to do a post to highlight this cool collaboration that was done recently at Halo World Championship. First, the backstory.

The story goes that 10 years ago, a 405th member SgtSkittle117 commissioned a young Strandy42 for a custom MEGA Bloks version of his cosplay. Strandy, being very new felt he did a horrible job. Not only was Skittles very nice about it, but also overpaid. Ever since then, Strandy has wanted to give back to the 405th community and he certainly has this year.

Strandy42 approached me to offer a free MEGA Blok custom figure to any 405th cosplayer attending Halo World Championship. We then reached out to all of the Regiment members on the sign up sheet. Over the course of two months, Strandy commissioned other MEGA Blok artists to build 24 custom figures to recreate the cosplays of those attending HaloWC (some got a second one of their cosplay from last year). He paid the MEGA Blok builders their rates and shipping from across the country and overseas. Then, with his group of Halo nerds, he drove them from Chicago to Seattle to present them to each 405th member at the event.

I wanted to be the one to tell this tale so that you all would know this was not a PR stunt or sales campaign to get more commissions (though I’m sure many members will be inquiring about them after seeing these cool little keepsakes). Nope, this was just one guy wanting to give back to the Halo community and he succeeded.

Below are pictures of the 24 mini figs and cosplayers. Strandy is hoping to do this again next year, but not for free as it turned out to be more dollary doos than he thought to get everything together. For those that received one that want to throw a few bones his way please DM me or him to get his paypay/venmo info. Anyone can also reach out to him or any of the builders on Instagram if you are interested in acquiring your own custom mini fig.

This was such a cool collaboration that I couldn’t let it go un announced!

Cosplayers:
PerniciousDuke
Lukavago
KGSupreme
Emp Frosty
ArcSol
indigoD0g
SubXzeroXhero
DireWolf111
Viper 466
JSLund
unfit armory
Kahn 319
MissBoof
JTF4
BansheeRose
pipninja
PapaBear271
BobRossIsMaDad
Draxes
NobleofDeath16

Builders Instagram Handles:
Busters2005
Ls3D
Jmackpaints
Night_ghost_customs
Nsi_customs
Townie_customs
H4LO_customs

This was also in collaboration with YouTube channel TheDomain who filmed us giving out of the figures at HaloWC. The footage of that is not on his channel yet, but there is a short clip of us at the event.

Unfit NSI.pngDraxes Townie.pngPapa H4LO.pngDire Ghost 2.pngKahn H4LO.pngBanshee NSI.pngDire Ghost.pngSub Townie.pngEMP Ghost.pngNoble Ghost.pngBob Ghost.pngPip H4LO.pngJTF Ghost.pngBoof H4LO.pngUnfit Ghost.pngJSLUND NSI.pngForge Busters.pngIndi H4LO.pngKG NSI.pngDukeRyatt.pngArc Townie.pngLukaBusters.pngDukeRyatt2.png

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back