Custom PC: what do you think

• Mark VI helm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mark VI helm & chest

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i was upgrading my computer and started to think why not make a BA case. what i was thinking was scale a helmet up to be about 18 inch tall so i can fit my MOBO in. I was also thinking of building a Chest and Helmet into one case and putting my CD/ DVD Drives in the helm and all the main componets into the chest. When i decide i will use this thread and maybe my blog to keep you guys & gals posted. and no this won't be like my pelican where i just give up after i fail with the prototype.

Thanks
AFS

ok i just realized that i didn't give you any ref pic to go off of. i am using FlyingSquirl's models just cuz i think that they look the smoothest.
helm2.jpg

helm1.jpg

chest2.jpg

chest1.jpg

EDIT: Photobucket didn't fix the pic after i updated it so sorry for the size.
also if you are wondering why i am thinking of a MC case, it's cuz i was wanting to post it on Mod Shop and see how it stands up.

1. Just edit, dont DP

2. Seems like a good Idea, make many Ventilation holes and put in some good fans, I would imagine with that it would heat up VERY quickly.

3. GL

i would do the chest and helmet just reduced down so it about the size of a full computer case. Personally i wouldnt cut holes for the disk drive but rather have it come out of the side like threw an arm hole

make sure you've got strong mounting brackets for everything and i'd try to do the interior with a metal film to ground the mobo and everything like the inside of an actual case.

also, just a thought, it'd be BAMF to have the various connections to peripherals and internet going in through the port in back for the AI chip.

Jason 'Biff' H said:
make sure you've got strong mounting brackets for everything and i'd try to do the interior with a metal film to ground the mobo and everything like the inside of an actual case.

also, just a thought, it'd be BAMF to have the various connections to peripherals and internet going in through the port in back for the AI chip.

I thought of that and decided that yes it would be BA but it would be a SOB to do.

as for Grounding i am using the mobo tray from my old case.

I am also thinking of just using the chest armor and hiding speakers in the two vents on the shoulders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds very cool, but it may cause overheating.. What I did was make a lit-up sci-fi case, on one side, it is a sheet of clear plastic with master chief's image carved into it (it lights up blue) On the other side, there is another clear plastic sheet with Darth Vader on it (lights up red)

I would just go with the chest. Speakers in the shoulder towers is a good idea. Finding spots to place vents shouldn't be that difficult. Nice idea btw. I'll definitely keep an eye on this to see what you come up with.

just my opinion, but a dismembered torso sitting on a desk or floor would look kinda odd. a giant helmet would look good but for superior greatness, I'd try a full suit mounted on a hollow manquin.. kind of like this creepy one someone made of leela from futurama.

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2...la_case_mod.jpg

or this bender case mod

http://vang1.net/index.php?page=worklog

despite the creepiness of the leela one, thats probably be ideal for a full bodied MC if you're up to the challenge. heres a link to the more detailed processes involved in building this.

http://vang1.net/index.php?page=leela

well since every one is worried about how i am going to cool this beast, let me give you a hint, H + O. I know not widly used but its still worth a try and i am smart enough to test it before i install the system.

I wouldnt make a helmet or chest as a PC case mod.
Just try something simple first, like a suitcase mod, or perhaps a UNSC ammo box...

p0rtalman said:
I wouldnt make a helmet or chest as a PC case mod.
Just try something simple first, like a suitcase mod, or perhaps a UNSC ammo box...

OHH I hadn't thought of that :ninja:. but i don't have any ref material for and ammo case. if some one could post me a pic i would love it. on the other hand to build a case that would win in a mod shop match the ammo case would be a risk. plus i was wanting some thing that said Hello Modshop do you want more.

Heres a pic of the rocket launcher game case I found online. Im not sure if this is what you had in mind, but, here it is anyway
bda-halo-3-missile-case-preview-20070817013804776-000.jpg

or a fusion coil perhaps?
fusioncoreshistory.jpg

or do something like this :)
halo3xbox.jpg

Overlord_Ian said:
Heres a pic of the rocket launcher game case I found online. Im not sure if this is what you had in mind, but, here it is anyway
bda-halo-3-missile-case-preview-20070817013804776-000.jpg

or a fusion coil perhaps?
fusioncoreshistory.jpg

or do something like this :)
halo3xbox.jpg

THIS>> IS>> EPIC!!!

i wanna make a fusion coil case now! that would be absolutely amazing!

id love that Spankr case

i know a pepfile of the fusion coil exists and i was trying to find it, someone had it as a project but i dont no what happend, if anyone has a link to it plz lemme know

this whole thing is a sweet idea :D

Having the chest piece as a PC case is no different than some people having the upper torso of a mannequin (minus head) in their room. It's all about what you like. I would have no problem with a HD chest sitting on my computer table and having the front open to reveal the DVD drive. I say, to each his own.

redragon74 said:
id love that Spankr case

i know a pepfile of the fusion coil exists and i was trying to find it, someone had it as a project but i dont no what happend, if anyone has a link to it plz lemme know
this whole thing is a sweet idea :D
Yea, I would turn a laptop into the Spnkr case, just because it would be fun to carry around! I wonder if it would be hard to get into an airport?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back