Customizations on your armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May want to try using rare earth magnets to attach weapons and kit (like these http://www.anchorsupplies.com/magnets.htm) Seen them used by Boba Fett proppers to attach chest armour plates to thier under vests.

Was going to go with a combination of gloss or matt black in areas and a dark digital urban pattern in others, or possibly a modified tigerstripe. Would quite like to add some hard storage pouches on the belt, thighs, upper arms, go for a special ops look. Definatly going to fit a radio headset into the helmet and either some Surefire lamps or ultra high output LEDs for plenty of illumination.

megatron992 said:
I'm planning on making two suits side-by-side, one woodland camoflage pattern, one white (for snow), each with my Personal Logo on the shoulder.

i can make a vinyl stricker of that if you want

Last edited by a moderator:
Another thing I've seen is Camelbacks, with water, orange juice, vodka, you know whatever...

I put a motorcycle helmet interior into my original helmet, so I had ear/cheek cushions to prevent wobbling and nice padding everywhere for comfort, I also used 3 computer fans (2 in 1 out at mouth for circulation an pushing out hot breath) run off a 12 volt lantern battery in my backpack, and 4 leds.

Well, NAS armor is one of the heavier armors out there to begin with. and adding all of my stuff too it....f yeah its heavy. BUT! everything is removable for photoshoots and messing around and displaying and such.

Hmm... Fans in the helmet. I'll have to do that. Is there any way to hook them up to an LED on my wrist or something, like a diagnostic light? That it would turn on if one of the fans fail?

i tried it, just rigging one end rigged to be constantly transmitting. It worked okay. I have an actual headset and voice changer in my helmet now. Best thing to do is talk to some stormtrooper costumers.

Sean has sparked me into maybe doing an electronics tutorial. I'll keep ya posted.

I'm planning on doing two sets of armor (need to get started)

set 1 - US military style digital camo, with US flag decaled or stencilled on the shoulder, name plate on chest, etc. (think: what if the US military was making Mjolnir suits ???)

set 2 - will be a pretty standard with gun metal grey (it's what I use in multiplayer.)

both sets will have two-way headset radios mounted in the helmet (I usually do security at my local con, so that will be useful) and I think I'll use red's idea about the motorcycle helmet innards along with the 3 fans.
I'm also planning on getting at least one of link's ARs.

probably two or 3 :D :heart:

Hey Redsleighdown.... for your mods such as voice changer and such, are you able to post up part numbers or model numbers and where you picked the stuff up? That may help a lot of us!

Also, a mod I am wanting to add is industrial magnets on the back so I can magna-sling my main rifle like in the Halo 3 trailer. I would also like to incorporate something like that as well for the sidarms.

I know weight is an issue but I was Active Duty for 8 1/2 years and jousted for 6 1/2... so wearing heavy armor does not effect me much.

Yeah, a nice place to start is searching stormtrooper and fett costuming sites since those costumes are similar to MC but have a bigger fanbase. I'll see if I can get you some links for my stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back