Customizations on your armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone going to put the holster in their leg armor??

Found this in the graphic novel and thought it was a cool idea. even if you didn't use it as a weapons holster it would be a good place for a wallet.

halo_2.jpg

yeah, BlindSquirrel is actually a member here (haven't seen him in a while though). But he made clips for the SMGs. The holsters in the picture Ben posted actually go around the gun. :lindsey:

it's actually this part of the leg armor. It opens out to reveal a holster for your pistol. I think when I finish my suit I will make a mold of the leg armor. That way I can mess around with making a copy like that.

holster.jpg

I had considered doing this, but just ran out of time. I'm kinda glad now that I didn't because I'm sure it would have taken a good deal of engireering to develop it. In retrospect it looks to be just a matter of the illustrator using some artistic liscense. The Halo 3 in-game holstering seems much simpler and easier to achieve with our actual armor.

Yep, BlindSquirrel called it, years before Bungie reached the same conclusion.

you could use a simple device similar to the eject tray of an original nintendo, coupled with a push open magnet like found in kitchen cabinets to keep it shut. Sorry if that doesn't make sense but i have been thinking about it sense I saw the image, :typing:

Yeah, but it has to fit into your armor, which means that the mechanism needs to fold flat into your thigh somewhat, and that when the magnet or latching mechanism is undone, that it unfolds or scissors out under the spring pressure. Couple that with the fact that your thigh armor is going to lose quite a bit of structural integrity by cutting out this section.

Sounds like alot of work to do something thats only seen in one frame of the Halo universe. If it were comfirmed in the novels or something I think it would be easier to justify. Does anyone know of ANY other reference to the pop-out holster in Halo?

just finished reading the first book, I think that this is similar to the logo John-117 chose for his armor. Made it today.

spartanlogo.jpg

I had never noticed that about that image Ben, thanks!

Hmmm. yeah, I think that Bungie had a little indecision about this detail.

Maybe it'll be settled once and for all with H3. I'd really feel better about doing it with my armor if there were references to this pop out holster in the fiction... like maybe one of the types of mjolnir armor had this feature but it was revised later...

I always look to the games to be the final verdict about this debatable stuff. I figure that if Bungie can't achieve the models and animation in-game, then I shouldn't bother with it.

But hey, to each, his own!

it would be kinda kool to do but if i had the time i might try it, but for now im up to my neck in armor and weapons

I had a great idea for your Nano, Red. Attatch the Nano to your leg. Make it so you can only see the "Play" button, somehow. Run a wire from the Nano to the helmet, and use a speaker to make it come out of your helmet's mouth. Then click play, and hear Cortona or Master Chief talking. Just a thought.

if i get around to build me suit "again w/o selling it" im going to retro fit my AR to it along with some pistols

ok for a long time like until 2 months ago I thout the ... horns on his MS sholders were lights as well. but if no you can us THEM as speakers insted of the mouth. it has more room for bigger speakers and more room in you helmet
I for one will use cellphone clips as the way to clip my paintball gun mod :mrgreen: to the back of my halo1 armor
OO PS: CAN SOMEONE TELL MY WAT THOS THINGS ON HIS SHOLDERS ARE???? if not light then ....... motion trakers???? :mad: :eyebrow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back