Cut up my AR??!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Primal Weyland said:
I just slammed Polyfiller into my helm peak as a test. Seems to be going fine for now - is a little heavy, but that's a decent compensator for cheapness and strength.
Is polyfiller the same as body filler?

Gopher11789 said:
kinda off topic... i am working on this same pep file and was wondering what lb did you use?

i used um..200 gsm or grams. lb is not used here in singapore so i don't really know....
spartan415 said:

Whats the Printable version makeup for the gun?
A4 i would think. Because i didn't change anything ,i just printed out.

bloodxbrothers said:
where do you get the print outs?
http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopi...amp;#entry85453

To the rest of you who contributed thanks, i haven't been able to read through them all yet but i will asap. :rolleyes

Last edited by a moderator:
READ THE PEP STICKIES!!! Aob where's that picture of yours again???
Download pepakura it's not called a pep file for nothing! -.-

Ok i was thinking of using Sean's method but is there any other way to split the AR w/o using a dremel? Also when fiberglassing, you "paint" the resin over it right?

i was just looking over this and thought that you could resin the outside of the pep. After that you would get that pour able foam stuff and pour it in the inside and let it cure. this should add structure to the AR while keeping it light weight.

I'm still trying to figure out what i should do with this. After i resin the outside i'll need to fiberglass but to do that i'm gonna have to cut the are open and i don't know how to do that....

If it was me i would do all that resign stuff like sean said, then after i resign it i would cut in half resign the inside, then i would do what adam did to make his A.R. I would take silicon and apply to the outside of both halfs, make an exo to hold the silicon so it dosnt mess up its shape or warp. Then MAKE SOME PLASITC!!! pour plastic into the inside!!! then BAM seal the two halfs paint and away you go!. If you wanted to add electronics, make sure you have somthing inside the mold to stop the spread of plastic where you want the electronics to go. Your smart and can prob figure that stuff out. If not there are some vids on here and youtube that adam has put up that talk about that stuff. Good luck it looks awsome so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back